Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WSH Panel Mod script discussion/help (Read 1371148 times) previous topic - next topic

WSH Panel Mod script discussion/help

Reply #2025
just decrease rotationInterval value when rew/ff

it is clear, but the speed should vary smoothly, without jerks, just like in real life,
and during the change of mode, to play the short wav with a electromagnets click

Reply #2026
Hi ExtremeHunter,

My layout looks so fine with your script, I recorded it here:

Tape reels screen capture

As you see, the left tape reel runs from full to empty while the right runs from empty to full but it will look more real if the left and the right are decreased/increased speed gradually.

Anyways, I am now very satisfied with this script and thanks so much for your support 

P/S: Thanks onv, derty2 and others for your useful suggestions.

Reply #2027
Is it possible to make an animated GIF image from a video clip and make it "play" in a WSH Panel ?

you could extract all "frames" from a .gif then have WSH panel mod loop through them all on a timer.

Reply #2028
Can anyone shed some light on this on the flicking part?

Code: [Select]
Methods:
    // NOTE: Don't try to update tooltip text when tooltip is activated, because it will flick in Windows Vista/7.
    void Activate();

Reply #2029
var g_tooltip = window.CreateTooltip();

function tt(t) {
    //t is a variable containing our tooltip text - usually called from on_mouse_move
    //if it hasn't changed, don't try and update it....
    if (g_tooltip.Text == t) return;
    g_tooltip.Text = t;
    g_tooltip.Activate();
}

function on_mouse_move(x, y) {
    tt("hello"); //obviously "hello" can be whatever text you like. it will probably change as you move over different things....
}

Reply #2030
Is it possible to display whole biography from last.fm?

Reply #2031
nope: http://www.last.fm/group/Last.fm+Web+Servi...21604/_/2201974

last.fm themselves are preventing the full display of artist info. 

and they've also broken the fetching of info on artists with an ampersand (&) in the name. 

Reply #2032
nope: http://www.last.fm/group/Last.fm+Web+Servi...21604/_/2201974

last.fm themselves are preventing the full display of artist info. 

and they've also broken the fetching of info on artists with an ampersand (&) in the name. 

Marc, in your bio panel, can we disable the download of bio info, if that info already exists in the XML?

I would rather keep my full local data rather than having it replaced.

Reply #2033
Seeing that lastfm messed up it'd be good idea to change the provider of biographies.

Reply #2034
Marc, in your bio panel, can we disable the download of bio info, if that info already exists in the XML?

done. i really should have done this when i found out yesterday.... 

you can use Script update on the context menu. (load a blank playlist with nothing selected before loading the panel otherwise the cache for the current artist would be cleared). or you can download the modified file here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22801321/wsh/marc2003/common6.js

full download zip is here: http://db.tt/BInQ3Abm

files changed:
marc2003\common6.js

and just incase people didn't realise, clicking the last.fm logo in the top right takes you to the full artist bio on the last.fm website.

Reply #2036
Hello marc2003,

continuing on from the previous thread,

So as mentioned the error has disappeared but I can still not display anything correctly atm,

Checking the console I see errors like this,

Last.fm Similar Artists: Unexpected Last.fm server error.

Last.fm Charts: Unexpected Last.fm server error.

Audioscrobbler: Handshake failed.

--------------

I know this mod does not support the Audioscrobbler but I feel the errors may be related

The following is a screenshot of the far right section of my config showing the last fm errors.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12109423/foobar_lfm.png

Reply #2037
working fine me.

). the fact your audioscrobbler is failing to connect might well be an indication of that.

Reply #2038
Hey marc2003,

So it's all working

I noticed that foobar was version 1.2.2 - I downloaded the latest (1.2.3) installed it to my portable directory loaded everything up and after a few restarts Last.fm similar artists/charts/Bio/images all display - the console is also reporting that tracks from the cache are being submitted to last.fm. Thanks for all your help and excellent scripts!

Reply #2039
samples updated: http://db.tt/BInQ3Abm

new script: last.fm bio mod. due to changes made by last.fm which truncates the bio, this pulls the same info from another site. you lose all the stats, language and auto correct options but it'll do for most people.

this uses new filenames for caching so it won't affect any previously saved data from the old script and i've left the old one there for now incase last.fm revert this change.

old and new side by side: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22801321/old%20new%20bio.PNG

changed / added files:
marc2003\common6.js
samples\last.fm biography mod.txt

Reply #2040
Your mod script is nowhere to be found in the zip archive.

Reply #2041
IMHO perhaps overkill but can last.fm bio mod and the orginial last.fm bio script be merged such that it pulls stats from the original and the full bio from the mod?

Also a bit unrelated perhaps but is there any way to convert add to tags all last.fm local data. My big issue with how data is stored right now is that is not that easily available for other applications/components/scripts. Still that doesn't seem to be a good solution. How would it be easier to call locally stored last.fm data for other components?

Reply #2042
Your mod script is nowhere to be found in the zip archive.

can't believe i forgot to put it in.    i'll sort that out a bit later.

EDIT: done.

IMHO perhaps overkill but can last.fm bio mod and the orginial last.fm bio script be merged such that it pulls stats from the original and the full bio from the mod?

it's certainly possible but i'm not doing it.

as for your second point, i'm assuming you want to save the data downloaded into your file tags? the only way i know of doing that would be to write a new WSH panel mod script. not really something i'd take on.

the data is saved as JSON which is a pretty universal format but i don't know of any other components that can handle it.

Reply #2043
Possible that you haven't replaced old common6.js? I get this error:

Scripting Engine Initialization Failed (Last.fm Biography mod v6.2013-02-21.01 by marc2003, CODE: 0x80020101)
Check the console for more information (Always caused by unexcepted script error).

Old script is working.

Reply #2044
i did that properly but i can't believe i bodged the last.fm biography mod.txt file itself. 

i've updated the zip but you don't need to download the full thing again. just open the panel and change line 10 from

var p = new panel("Last.fm Biography", ["metadb", "lastfm_bio", "remap"]);

to...

var p = new panel("Last.fm Biography", ["metadb", "lastfm_bio_mod", "remap"]);

Reply #2046
even if the bio was stored as plain text, i still don't know any components that would read it. which makes the format kind of irrelevant.

however, i could add a copy text option to the context menu. this will put the text on the windows clipboard and you can paste it into the properties dialog yourself. although scripts can write tags themselves, it's not really useful doing one file at a time. you'd want to apply it to all tracks by a given artist.

Reply #2047
even if the bio was stored as plain text, i still don't know any components that would read it. which makes the format kind of irrelevant.

Ahh 

Tags don't seem like the ideal way to go either. Adding a copy text option would help but is still a lot of work. A method similar to how lyrics are handed via foo uie lyrics? It's only that lyrics are per-track. For songs that haven't been tagged, I could at least get to display the info via a custom wsh script/text viewer. Integrating info as foo bio view does is awsome, but hum well after all dreaming is free

Reply #2048
assuming you don't need the text outside of foobar, my cached files aren't going anywhere now because it no longer automatically updates. the reason i used auto-updates before is because the bio pages on the last.fm website are basically wiki's which are user editable. i even made changes to some pages myself so i always wanted the latest version displayed in foobar. but that idea is pretty much dead now unless last.fm revert the change.

all my data is saved in a folder called wsh_lastfm inside your foobar2000 profile folder so you can back that up if you like. it will always be readable by my scripts.

Reply #2049
samples updated. thumbs: improve appearance of edges by trimming them. i'd never noticed before how bad it can look with lots of images.

use Script update from the context menu or the full download is here.... http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22801321/wsh/samples.zip

files changed:
marc2003\common6.js