Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 5.1 dvd-audio .iso won't play back (WinDvd7) (Read 6354 times) previous topic - next topic

5.1 dvd-audio .iso won't play back (WinDvd7)

I'm hoping that I simply look really foolish here...

I authored a DVD-Audio disc in WaveLab 5.  It's a 6-channel (5.1) song (testing one song before moving on to authoring an entire show).  WaveLab rendered the 6 monaural .wav files with no problem, they loaded into the montage correctly.  The track markers are inserted correctly... WaveLab checks and then creates the DVD-Audio project.  There's nothing in the Video-TS file (which there shouldn't be), and all the correct files are in the Audio-TS folder.

I've created a .iso image using WaveLab, and it's got the two folders and corresponding files on it, but when I load it into Alcohol 120% and then try to open the virtual disc with WinDVD 7 it simply won't play. 

Do I need to actually burn a DVD disc and play back from it?  That doesn't seem right.

I've also tried this project in stereo, same result.

I've encoded in 16/48 and 24/48, 6-channel and stereo.

Any thoughts?

Reply #1
DVD-audio support was removed from WinDVD7 (without any notice) shortly after the DVD ripping tools were released. Do you have the old version or a new one?

Reply #2
I have the new verson.  I'll reinstall Power DVD and see if it'll play from there.

Thanks.

Reply #3
DVD-audio support was removed from WinDVD7 (without any notice) shortly after the DVD ripping tools were released. Do you have the old version or a new one?

Yeah, I ran into that problem. I emailed customer support. In short, the answer was "PPCM is PPCM" !
Okay, whatever guy. The latest PowerDVD will play the MLP tracks, but only with their extra "audio pack"
or whatever it's called. Either way, you're looking at $90 to play MLP from DVD-A on the computer. He$$,
I didn't pay  that much for one of my universal players!
Glad I got the Audigy 2 ZS card, which includes the software to play DVD-A.