Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Multiformat Listening Test @ 48 kbps - OPEN (Read 77619 times) previous topic - next topic

Multiformat Listening Test @ 48 kbps - OPEN

Reply #25
i've saved the results from testing the first sample, but i can't get the program to show me which files are originals and which are encoded ones as the readme says it will. hmm... should the program be automatically showing me these results?

Reply #26
You won't find out the results until Sebastian posts the key so you can decrypt the results.

You're reading ABCHR's readme, which only says that for a normal, not encrypted test, not the encrypted ones that we're doing.

Reply #28
Did so and replied.

Reply #29
You won't find out the results until Sebastian posts the key so you can decrypt the results.

You're reading ABCHR's readme, which only says that for a normal, not encrypted test, not the encrypted ones that we're doing.

ok, i get it now. thanks

Reply #30
What is real name of song from sample 11?

Thanks

Reply #31
You can see the sample name in ABC/HR. The sample is "Mysterious Times" by "Sash! feat. Tina Cousins".

You can even find it on YouTube.

Reply #32
Please consider offering a torrent with all samples next time 

Reply #33
I told Roberto to create one (he's responsible for torrents), but then on the other hand, looking at the last statistics, a lot of people downloaded the whole package only for testing the first sample.

Reply #34
Problem in sample 10 !!! the offsets are erroneus for all but one sample! Please, fix the .ecf file.

Reply #35
What do you mean? The offsets were calculated by ABC/HR.

Just tested and I really don't see where the problem is.  Are you sure you are not mixing up due to pre-echo or "Muting" because of the lowpass filter?

I am running all samples through the offset detector to see if I get different offsets for sample 10 (all encoders should have the same offset regardless of sample).

Edit: JAZ is right, I will update the ECF once I check the remaining 10 samples. Results should be still valid, though, since you can clearly differentiate between original and sample even when not relying on offset.

Reply #37
I had the same problem in the AAC48 test for one of the samples.

Reply #38
For people without sound, simply change the playback device from the options. I don't know why ABC/HR does not default to the primary audio device like every other program.

Java doesn't tell me anything about the audio devices besides their names and what they're supposed to be playing. From Java's viewpoint there is no "primary audio device". I just pick any one that appears to be able to play sound. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The only sure-fire way to pick a device that works is not to use native devices at all, but use Java's software mixer instead, which sucks.

Learned something new for the next test: always check offsets and don't rely 100% on ABC/HR.

Just had a look at this. With the sample 10 from this test it can be fixed by just doubling the window size (which also increases processing time). If you're interested, Sebastian, I've uploaded a version with this fix. Offset detection might still fail when there's not much going on in the first few seconds of the sample, though.

Reply #39
Thanks for the offer schnofler, but now that I fixed the problem myself, I guess I don't need it - except for a future test maybe. You could upload that version so that others can download, too (in case anyone wants to conduct a listening test, too).

Reply #41
When trying to open Sample15.ecf I get a "file is not a supported file type" error.
Also, while doing Sample 16 Save/Open Session menu items where gone. Restarting ABC/HR solved that one.

EDIT: Redownloaded Sample15.zip via http and it's ok now.
Last sample  As always I'm going to go through all samples one more time tomorrow...

Reply #42
I haven't had any problem with sample15 nor 16.  Seems you had a problem with the download (or who knows..)

Reply #44
Fixed, thanks [JAZ]!

Learned something new for the next test: always check offsets and don't rely 100% on ABC/HR.

Should we download sample 10 again? Is this sample the only one affected?

Reply #45
It has nothing to do with the sample itself - only the ECF file was affected.  You can download the ABC/HR package again which contains Sample10.ecf.

Reply #47

I bet it was bibilolo which is my sample10.  Did you notice the problem and edit the offsets manually?

Yes, I manually corrected the offsets very soon after the test start (a tester reported about the wrong offsets for this sample)

Reply #48
just sent you my results for 20 samples today. I hope they are useful.