Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Plextor PX-40TS and CUERipper (Read 2824 times) previous topic - next topic

Plextor PX-40TS and CUERipper

I like my old PX-40TS for rips, as it's always worked quite nicely with EAC.  However, CUERipper refuses to use the drive at all.  It does seem to read the TOC and perform the database lookup (via FreeDB etc), but it won't rip.  At the "Detecting drive features..." stage, it errors with a "Exception: failed to autodetect read command".  It then lists what I gather are the read commands it tried to issue, but each apparently failed with "INVALID COMMAND OPERATION CODE".

Has anyone used this drive with CUERipper?

Relevant information:
Drive works on the same machine with EAC 1.0b2.  The only other device on the SCSI bus (a Plextor 12x writer) works with CUERipper just fine.  PX-40TS firmware version is 1.12.

Anyone have any ideas?  Is this just an incompatibility, or have I got a configuration issue of some sort?