Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Error during component installation (Read 970 times) previous topic - next topic

Error during component installation

A user is experiencing a weird error when trying to install fb2k component:
this is the error I get during the installation process:
"Could not load component "foo_spider_monkey_panel.fb2k-component": bad allocation"

I downloaded right now the Nightly buid from your GitHub project page: https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_spider_monkey_panel
using the link you provided for the nightly build:
link https://ci.appveyor.com/api/projects/theqwertiest/foo-spider-monkey-panel/artifacts/_result%2FWin32_Release%2Ffoo_spider_monkey_panel.fb2k-component?branch=master&job=Configuration%3A%20Release

Trying to install any previous version of the same component results in the same error.

I'm not sure if it's caused by my component or if it's a bug in fb2k.

@AndreaT, can you try installing/updating any other component and see if it works? And please, do *not* reinstall fb2k or at least save current fb2k configuration and/or folder, so that the bug could be reproduced again, diagnosed and fixed.

Re: Error during component installation

Reply #1
Hello @TheQwertiest , I already upated other components:
- Mathaudio Room EQ and Headphone EQ
- Super Audio CD player
NO problems with these components.
For the moment I am getting that installation error only when installing SMP component and, unfortunately, I am now getting this error also with the v1.2.2-preview that I am sure to have installed many times in between the 2 or 3 alfa versions you gave me for testing.
I will not reinstall FB and I remain fully available for collcting any info and for testing you may need.
Regards, Andrea

Reply #2
I can successfully install SMP 1.2.3, and probably also 1.2.2. The .fb2k-component appears to require about 32MB of RAM on top of whatever foobar2000 itself is currently using, to extract.

Reply #3
So probably AndreaT's foobar2000 is just out of RAM...

Reply #4
Hello @lvqcl and @kode54 , well... if so why I could update/upgrade the other components?
Today I will try removing some other components to make room and I will tempt the installation of SMP once more.

PS: Kindly note that on my system I already have SMP 1.2.3-beta installed and running, so there should be enough RAM space for its own replacement.

I will let you know about asap.
Regards, Andrea

Reply #5
Hello @TheQwertiest , today I found a way to install your nigtly build v1.2.3-beta.
To avoid the error, I had first to remove the Library Tree JS v 2.1.3 (I didn't removed the hosting SMP, just reset the configuration to the default empty page).
Then I restarted Foobar and, doing so, I was then able to install your new SMP component.
After this, I reinstalled again the Library Tree JS.
Regards, Andrea

Reply #6
No, see, the installation requires 32MB *on top* of whatever memory the app is already using when you go to install the component.