Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Possible to Have Custom Column With DSP Resampled Bitrate Instead of Source? (Read 1908 times) previous topic - next topic

Possible to Have Custom Column With DSP Resampled Bitrate Instead of Source?

I have seen I can use %samplerate% to get the sample rate of the source file, but I would also like to show the DSP resampled rate (so I don't forget I left the resampler on for the next source I play).  Is that possible?

Re: Possible to Have Custom Column With DSP Resampled Bitrate Instead of Source?

Reply #1
If you show the DSP Switcher on the main interface, you can always see what DSP preset you have loaded, I have things like "Sox 96" or "None", so easy to see if SRC is on or off. Just a suggestion. Not sure how you'd implement seeing it in the custom column though...

Re: Possible to Have Custom Column With DSP Resampled Bitrate Instead of Source?

Reply #2
Thanks for the suggestion.  I was hoping I could configure a custom variable.  Set the custom variable as the configured resample rate and reference the custom variable in the custom column but I could not get that to work.

Reply #3
I have seen I can use %samplerate% to get the sample rate of the source file, but I would also like to show the DSP resampled rate (so I don't forget I left the resampler on for the next source I play).  Is that possible?

A different approach perhaps: try the dynamic dsp plugin. With that, you would be able to turn the resampler or any other dsp on if needed, based on a custom tag value in your source files.

Reply #4
A different approach perhaps: try the dynamic dsp plugin. With that, you would be able to turn the resampler or any other dsp on if needed, based on a custom tag value in your source files.

That's an interesting suggestion.  That's a bit more work tagging all the files, but worth considering for sure.  Thanks.

Reply #5
That's an interesting suggestion.  That's a bit more work tagging all the files, but worth considering for sure.  Thanks.

Keep in mind that this is not a one trick pony: I use it to convert 5.1 down to stereo, skip silence, remove pre-emphasis and a few other things. Worth the effort!