Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FB 1.5 beta 20: BUG Playlist cursor and seekbar stuck on playing ISO file (Read 1223 times) previous topic - next topic

FB 1.5 beta 20: BUG Playlist cursor and seekbar stuck on playing ISO file

@Peter
Hello Peter,
I noticed that playing an SACD ISO file the playlist cursor doesn't follow the effective played song and the seekbar stuck at the end.
Please, see the attached screenshot: You can see below on the left the current playing time (13 minutes and something) while the playlist cursor is still pointing to the first song. You can see also the seekbar stuck on its right end.
Kind regards, Andrea

Re: FB 1.5 beta 20: BUG Playlist cursor and seekbar stuck on playing ISO file

Reply #1
Thanks for the bug report.
Are you using a third party SACD decoder?
What DSPs and what output mode do you use? Does it make any difference if you disable the DSPs, if any?
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #2
@Peter
Hello Peter,

I am using foo_input_sacd (last release). To be noted that I play ISO SACD since long and I never had such a kind of problem with version 1.4.x.
Other detail that may be of interest for you is that I noticed (later) than this problem is not 100% present. In may case I can state that it happens with a high probability (80%+), but some times all runs correctly as expectable.
I experienced this "random" behavior playing 4 times (not in full) the same SACD ISO that you can see in my screenshot.
The first 2 times I had the problem, the 3rd times all run well, then the 4th time I got the problem again.

The DSP chain I am using is only one and I never change it:
- Oversampler to 96kHz (2ch)
- MathAudio EQ (2ch)
- Thuneau Allocator (2ch in and 6ch out)

Audio output is through MOTU ASIO driver.

I cannot change or disable any of the component in the DSP chain, otherwise my system doesn't play.

Kindly let me know if you need me to provide you any config file or specific debug/log information.

Thanks and kind regards, Andrea

Reply #3
foo_input_sacd is and always was extremely buggy.

Reply #4
foo_input_sacd is and always was extremely buggy.

@Rollin : Hello Rollin, so, to play SACD ISO what should I use instead of foo_input_sacd ?
I have installed it because I don't know other... But I will be happy to use a better or more stable component.
Thanks and regards, Andrea

Reply #5
First, you can try to report bug to author of foo_input_sacd - https://sourceforge.net/p/sacddecoder/bugs/

Unfortunately for playing DSD from ISO there are no other ways. But you can extract separate dff/dsf tracks and there are 2 ways to play them (with decoding to PCM, no direct DSD output):
1) foo_input_ffmpeg
2) Losslessly pack them into WavPack and play with native fb2k's WavPack decoder

Reply #6
Thanks for the details about your configuration, I'll look into it.

While the SACD decoder is known to be problematic, I wouldn't preemptively blame it for this exact bug, sounds more like new changes in fb2k 1.5 have a problem with this DSP configuration.

Reply #7
Please check your private message inbox for detailed instructions.

Reply #8
@Peter
Hello Peter, I have interesting findings collected during the tests you asked me.
I sent a detailed description to your inbox.
Regards, Andrea