Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: can't find core under preferences (Read 1366 times) previous topic - next topic

can't find core under preferences

I looked around on the forums already and couldn't find anything about either of these issues, so I hope this is the right place for it.

As user-friendly as people like to think foobar is, it can be entirely frustrating, especially when options under preferences don't exist where they should.

My first problem is with Foobar deleting playlists.  I found a forum post on google about this and it says to go to preferences - > core... this is where I get lost.  Preferences for my Foobar has no core option.  There's components, display, keyboart shortcuts etc. but absolutely no core. 

Then there's the fact that foobar doesn't budge when I download and "install" a theme.  A confirmation box appears in foobar asking what parts of the theme I want, I click ok and nothing happens. 

I'm really hoping a Foobar veteran can help me out.

Reply #1
"with Foobar deleting playlists" go to File->Preferences->Shell Integration and check "Set Enqueue as the default action", then press "Apply".

Reply #2
My first problem is with Foobar deleting playlists.  I found a forum post on google about this and it says to go to preferences - > core... this is where I get lost.  Preferences for my Foobar has no core option.  There's components, display, keyboart shortcuts etc. but absolutely no core.

Software is allowed to evolve and change over time, whereas posts found via Google are not likely to follow suit. Of course, specifying which version of fb2k you have, something made clear as a requirement in the well-advertised rules of this subforum, would be a big help to those trying to resolve your questions.

A more simple search for foobar2000 preferences would bring up this as the first result: http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...000:Preferences I can’t determine what exactly you want from the level of information given, but have a look around the normal and Advanced Preferences with our guide as a reference, and see whether you find what you’re looking for.

Then there's the fact that foobar doesn't budge when I download and "install" a theme.  A confirmation box appears in foobar asking what parts of the theme I want, I click ok and nothing happens.

What theme? For which UI? Again, I don’t think you have provided enough information for anyone to make meaningful suggestions.

Edit: OK, I just realised that this thread was moved here from General Audio, so you probably didn’t see Support’s rules before now, but more info is still needed.