Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TAK 1.0.4 (Read 117804 times) previous topic - next topic

TAK 1.0.4

Reply #25
Anyone else having a problem with takc.exe? Files seem to convert good with fb2k, but in the end I get:
An error occured while finalizing the encoding process (Unsupported format or corrupted file) : "C:\Symph.tak"
Additional information:
Command line: "C:\Programme\Audio\foobar2000\takc.exe" -e -pmax -ihs -sts20 - "Symph.tak"
Working folder: C:\

I'm transcoding from an external cuesheet to single tracks, source is flac.

EDIT: Hmmm. It's also happening with takc 1.03. There must be something wrong here.
EDIT2: The flacs itself had embedded cuesheets. Starting the encoding from those tracks works.

I also have such problem. Only external cue. But I get another message:
An error occured while finalizing the encoding process (TAK decoder is in error state) : "F:\Temporary\07.Arcane Voices.tak"
Additional information:
Command line: "C:\Codecs\Takc.exe" -e -pmax -ihs - "07.Arcane Voices.tak"
Working folder: F:\Temporary\
Listen to WMRI...

TAK 1.0.4

Reply #26
Anyone else having a problem with takc.exe?

I tried to transcode ALAC file to TAK using the latest takc and foobar2000 a few days ago and got similar error at the end. I didn't use piping (intermediate file instead)

Conversion error
Code: [Select]
An error occured while finalizing the encoding process (Object not found) : "D:\TEMP\Tmp\Track.tak"

Console:
CLI encoder: C:\Program Files\foobar2000\Codecs\Takc.exe
Destination file: D:\TEMP\Tmp\Track.tak
Encoder stream format: 44100Hz / 2ch / 16bps
Command line: "C:\Program Files\foobar2000\Codecs\Takc.exe" -e -pEm "D:\TEMP\Tmp\temp-61DAF1257FD7CB1DA5892EF5C90D98C3.wav" "Track.tak"
Working folder: D:\TEMP\Tmp\
If age or weaknes doe prohibyte bloudletting you must use boxing

TAK 1.0.4

Reply #27
Anyone else having a problem with takc.exe?

I tried to transcode ALAC file to TAK using the latest takc and foobar2000 a few days ago and got similar error at the end. I didn't use piping (intermediate file instead)

Conversion error
An error occured while finalizing the encoding process (Object not found) : "D:\TEMP\Tmp\Track.tak"

Console:
Command line: "C:\Program Files\foobar2000\Codecs\Takc.exe" -e -pEm

Takc 1.0.4 only supports the numerical syntax for presets. Please try

Command line: "C:\Program Files\foobar2000\Codecs\Takc.exe" -e -p4m

for old "Extra" or "-p5m" for the strongest preset (old "Insane").

TAK 1.0.4

Reply #28
Thanks Thomas!
Of course it worked!
I was so stupid, that I forgot to change the command line for 1.0.4
If age or weaknes doe prohibyte bloudletting you must use boxing

TAK 1.0.4

Reply #29
-- Jamstix 2 - Virtual Drummer VSTi --

is the first commercial application utilizing TAK technology.

TAK 1.0.4

Reply #30
Cool.

TAK 1.0.4

Reply #31
Thanks for the release, Thomas. Piping support is definitely welcome.

You mention introducing tagging support in the following version. Perhaps it would be better if you standardized the structure of APEv2 (hopefully  ) tags in TAK files, and let external tagging programs do the tagging (like foobar2000). This would allow you to not worry about introducing tagging support in tak/takc.exe and would please users who are looking for a tagging system that isn't likely to change -- this way, the adoption rates of TAK would surely rise.
UED77
wavpack 4.50 -hx3; lame 3.97 -V4 --vbr-new

TAK 1.0.4

Reply #32
Thanks for the release, Thomas. Piping support is definitely welcome.

Fine! 

Perhaps it would be better if you standardized the structure of APEv2 (hopefully  ) tags in TAK files,...

That's easy and has been done some time ago: "TAK uses APEv2-Tags located at the end of the file."

...and let external tagging programs do the tagging (like foobar2000).

Yes. Foobar does support TAK, Mp3Tag does it...

Good idea! But it's already reality... 

TAK 1.0.4

Reply #33
Aaah, that's good to hear. I apologize, I haven't followed the TAK threads as closely as I would've liked

Then secondly, it would be nice to have support for multichannel/high-resolution audio. Eventually

Keep up the great work!
UED77

TAK 1.0.4

Reply #34
Quote from: UED77 link=msg=0 date=
I haven't followed the TAK threads as closely as I would've liked
So it seems, because ...
Quote from: UED77 link=msg=0 date=
it would be nice to have support for multichannel/high-resolution audio.
... high resolution is already supported (cf. this 24 bit comparison between TAK, FLAC, WavPack and Monkey's Audio); multichannel is still to be expected.

TAK 1.0.4

Reply #35
Well, in that case, the Wiki needs an update. I don't mean to be uninformed on purpose, but it'd be nice to not have to check several threads to figure out what's being worked on and what's already a feature. I encourage everyone to contribute to the article so that it does reflect the current capabilities of the TAK format. I will.
UED77

TAK 1.0.4

Reply #36
Tbeck, when will this codec turn open source?

I can only guess how much work this must be, but I don't see any reason why people are switching over to TAK. There's no support in rockbox, there is practically no hardware support anywhere and it's nowhere near as ubiquitous as the almost equally effective FLAC compressor. AND it is NOT open source. I just don't understand this.

Again, it's amazing how you created this new codec from scratch, really! But do you really think this makes sense without going open source?!

PS: Yeah, my name's flacflac, but I still think I have an open mind... .

TAK 1.0.4

Reply #37
  • If you had read some of the background on TAK you would realise that Thomas intends to release the source when he feels it is in a state to do so.  I can't speak for Thomas, but he has answered this question many many times in various threads on this forum.
  • Not everyone needs to play their lossless file on hardware (or cares about open source).
  • TAK's compression is superior to FLAC, while providing similar encoding and decoding speeds.
If you want to know more I would do a search for "TAK" and read the previous threads.
I'm on a horse.

TAK 1.0.4

Reply #38
Looking forward to sources
When i have both sources and time, i'll add support for TAK in Cog player (cogx.org, Mac OS)