Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Discussion of "Default UI Gallery" (Read 380718 times) previous topic - next topic

Discussion of "Default UI Gallery"

Reply #425
would you mind sharing your config  Hitchhiker427 or at least the scripts for WSH Panels

Reply #426
Just a quickie...how do you disable the menu bar and the status bar?

That's a very good question...you'd think it would be simple but after looking for a way for awhile last night, I can't find anything in the main menu or Preferences either. I'm sure there's an answer by editing a cfg file or something, but I'm new to foo and still finding my way around. Man, what a plethora of styles can be had with this app, and it seems that just about anything is possible in a way, but the initial learning curve can be daunting for the non savvy users. Fortunately I'm a loooong time tech help/security forum expert so I can learn fairly quickly, but it's still quite the task....and also allot of fun too!

I'm gonna have some questions for y'all soon, hope you don't mind a new foo newb poking around the dark recesses of your brains for awhile 
Take care!
Dave

Reply #427
There is no way to disable main menu and status bar in the Default User Interface.
They can be disabled in the alternative Columns UI, though.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #428
There is no way to disable main menu and status bar in the Default User Interface.
They can be disabled in the alternative Columns UI, though.

There ya go...
Thanx Yirkha. Not that I'm looking to do this, but I don't like to see little questions like this go unanswered, so I just wanted to help it along.
BTW, does anyone know of a thread anywhere where people have exchanged different EQ presets for others to try? I like to experiment with other folks settings.

Also, couldn't help but notice your sig note too...how true! In some poorly moderated forums you see thread after thread of huge posts quoted and requoted, without any trimming, and it just makes reading that thread a horrific PITA! I mean...how hard is it to delete excess cruft before you reply to a quoted post?
Damn I'm having fun learning FB2K!

Dave

Reply #429
Hit me up with some good color schemes. I got bored with 75% dark background, white text and pastel color of choice highlight : / Now using total white with black text.

Reply #430

Reply #431
Your image did not show for me. Maybe too large?

Nevertheless:

1. do you mean window title?
You can not get rid of foobar notation. However, you could add something like $repeat(' ',70) to the end of your string and it will push foobar towards the right. Replace number with whatever works for you and your window size.

2. Can not hide column heading in Default User Interface

3. No idea. Hacking an executable for such a small thing seems a bit pointless - good luck

terry

PS: image now showing

Reply #432
@tflogic:

2) To remove the column headings, try using EsPlaylist instead of the Default UI playlist.  It allows this.

3) I believe that the arrow icon is located in foo_ui_std.dll.  Try hacking that.

Reply #433
Your image did not show for me. Maybe too large?

Nevertheless:

1. do you mean window title?
You can not get rid of foobar notation. However, you could add something like $repeat(' ',70) to the end of your string and it will push foobar towards the right. Replace number with whatever works for you and your window size.

2. Can not hide column heading in Default User Interface

3. No idea. Hacking an executable for such a small thing seems a bit pointless - good luck

terry

PS: image now showing

1) yeah, the window title. i tried adding that piece of code to the end of the string but since it exceeds the character limit on my taskbar, it just adds "..." at the end.

2) really? seems like a simple option.

3) well, reshacking an icon or bmp usually takes less than 30 seconds if you know where it can be found. it has to be somewhere! someone must have tried this before me.

Reply #434
Hitchhiker, thanks so much for the help! However, there is one problem I encountered with using EsPlaylist versus the regular playlist viewer. Since I don't need album art, I disabled it in the group settings, trying to emulate my playlist in that screenshot above. However, where the albumart displays, there's an extra column taking up space on the left side of the playlist viewer. Right clicking on it doesn't allow me to remove it but instead only allows me to insert other columns to the right of it. How do I delete that column?

Reply #435
just resize it so it doesn't take any space.

Reply #436
Silly question that doesn't deserve it's own thread: Is there a titleformatting string that can return the installation path of foobar?

Reply #437
ok, i got a question and i can't find the answer anywhere (or maybe overlook it)
here's my DUI

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I want to change "Library Search" with "Playlist Search", in other words, is there a way to use Playlist Search as UI Element?

or maybe change the playlist search window behaviour to behave like winamp, use a (global) hotkey then the playlist search window pop up (on top of other window) regardless foobar window is active/not

any help is much appreciate, thanks before D:

Reply #438
i've just added EsPlaylist to my layout as well. it's coming along nicely now.

)

I really like you're configuration  , do you still have it ? and do you mind sharing ? 
Thanks

Edit : OOps, Wrong thread.. I thought I moved to the discussion one.
Sorry for the bad english, I'm french .

Reply #439
Really liking this configuration.

How do I get the Images part? Is it part of the latest foo_uie_biography? And are the playback buttons self made or from an icon pack that is, right now, elusive to me?

Reply #440
My current layout with buttons changed...

Maybe I'm just stupid, but how do you get that simple info area that's in the bottom of this config? The one under the "Now Playing" tab I mean...

Reply #442
anyone knows where i can find some default UI buttons ? i know i need ico or png 16x16 only.. but i'm getting frustrated because i cannot find any  maybe is there a way to convert fcb files to png or ico ?

i don't want to install any other UI, just to keep it plain simple but with other buttons because the default ones are just too white and hard to find in a hurry. thanks.

Reply #445
Run Services

http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_run

Wikipedia
Code: [Select]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=$replace(%album artist%, ,_)

YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=$replace(%artist%+%title%, ,+)&aq=f&ie=utf-8

Discogs
http://www.discogs.com/search?q=$replace(%album artist%, ,+)

Last.fm
http://www.last.fm/music/$replace(%album artist%, ,+)

Reply #448
Thank you so much.