Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Line-In - Which performs the best? (Read 2900 times) previous topic - next topic

Line-In - Which performs the best?

I have a Soundcard and a Motherboard Card, and i am using "them" to capture sound from a VCR, and i want to know which one´s the best?
I don´t really get how the Rightmark software work or how to set it up to compare them.
So if anyone could please lend me a hand in this i would be grateful:)

Reply #1
Get a male-male 3,5mm jack cable first. That's all the hardware you need for the test.

On one of the cards, connect the line out (output of the sound card) and line in (where you're plugging in the VCR). Start with a low playback volume in your OS. Then run the benchmark. You may have to boost the playback (or recording) volume to get more accurate readings.

Repeat for the second card.

Reply #3
Get a male-male 3,5mm jack cable first. That's all the hardware you need for the test.

On one of the cards, connect the line out (output of the sound card) and line in (where you're plugging in the VCR). Start with a low playback volume in your OS. Then run the benchmark. You may have to boost the playback (or recording) volume to get more accurate readings.

Repeat for the second card.

Don´t really know which is the best, i did 2 tests of both, with different input/output levels.

for VHS i use RCA to 3.5, Stereo