Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Adding a seektable to FLAC files (Read 9991 times) previous topic - next topic

Adding a seektable to FLAC files

I've been using Foobar2000 to encode stuff to FLAC files for awhile, but a seektable isn't created, meaning I can't FF and RW in Rockbox. How do I batch edit a bunch of FLAC files and give them a seek table? I've tried using metaflac.exe in the command prompt but was not so successful. Is there a way I can edit in a seek table and set an interval *easily* without re-encoding?

Reply #1
A quick glance at the metaflac manpage suggests:

Code: [Select]
metaflac --add-seekpoint=10s bla.flac

You should be able to use a wildcard (i.e. *.flac) to process multiple files.

Reply #2
Using a wildcard doesn't seem to do it. I have to manually type in the filenames for it to work. There must be some other way.

Reply #3
Using a wildcard doesn't seem to do it. I have to manually type in the filenames for it to work. There must be some other way.

Look for the file glob.exe. I know it comes with REACT in the encoders folder. It will use wildcards for you. So using glob.exe would be something like this:

Glob.exe -v -c metaflac.exe --add-seekpoint=10s *.flac

I've used this same procedure to add album replaygain. Let me know if it works for you.

Reply #4
Ah, I should have mentioned that I was using Windows; I thought the fact that I was using Foobar gave it away (glob is a Linux command, is it not?). In the end I just took an m3u playlist I created, modified it to add "metaflac --add-seekpoint=5s" before every file name, and made it a batch file. I found the suggestion on the Rockbox forum after some digging; in the end I wondered why I didn't think of it myself.

Reply #5
no, the glob.exe I'm talking about is a windows exec file. Glad you found a way to do it though.

Reply #6
for %%f in (*.flac) do (metaflac.exe --add-seekpoint=10s "%%f")

FYI. Copy this command to a newly created simple empty txt file in the actual folder, then rename it to "something.cmd". That's the way to do.