Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is it possible to make the album art viewer display composer image?  (Read 690 times) previous topic - next topic

Is it possible to make the album art viewer display composer image?

I wondered whether it is possible to display "composer image" instead of "artist image" in the album art viewer.

I have all of my composer portraits embedded within the tracks using mp3tag.
Mp3tag gives the option to label the image as various things including "composer".
But I don't see an option to display composer image in the DUI album art viewer.

Now I could just label the composer image as artist image and have album art viewer display the artist.
But then it wouldn't match with the metadata which has performer as %artist% and composer as %composer%.
And I have been strongly advised not to stray too far from the intended use for a given tag.

I would also be fine with using a component to accomplish this if necessary.
Hhhmmmm Croissants.....