Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_vis_shpeck (Read 724936 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #200
The problem seems to have vansihed though when Spheck is deaktived.
That's weird in the sense that it doesn't go through my code in any way - Shpeck's DLL is even probably unloaded already at that time. Unfortunately I can't determine what wrong is Panels UI trying to do. But considering some weird dependency with Shpeck might really exist, you can try renaming foo_vis_shpeck.dll to foo_a_vis_shpeck.dll or something, so that it will be loaded before foo_ui_panels.dll (components are loaded in alphabetical order). The unload order might change as well and a miracle might happen.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #201
it never ceases to amaze me how much the dev community try and troubleshoot and help users out and it always seems to be other peoples components namely (panels). was a shame the way the relationship ended...

love your component yirkha.. you have made me very happy to get panel based vizualisations!!!

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #202
I decided to at least finalize the v0.2.4 version from beta stage before the component dies completely, so here it is.

Shpeck v0.2.4
(obsolete links removed)

Changelog:
  • foobar2000 version 0.9.5 or later is required
  • New: Plugins which use spectrum data now use the new FFT behavior for spectrum-generating methods available in 0.9.5.2 and newer (normalized output, Gauss window used instead of rectangular for better quality & less aliasing)
  • New: Embedded window titlebar customizability - background color, text color, title font and button images
    [blockquote]Button images can be loaded from external BMP file, whose width must be divisible by 5 (for five buttons - prev., next, random, fullscreen and menu) and its height must be divisible by 3 (for three states - normal, hover and pushed). 32bit format with alpha/opacity is supported (as is the default image).
    Windows desktop settings with adaptive semi-transparent buttons are used by default.[/blockquote]
  • New: Option to prevent running plugin's thread on lower priority (might help with random pauses)
  • Fixed: The playlist titleformatting code could not be edited
    [blockquote]I believe this bug must have been present since the first version and nobody noticed. Another proof that nobody cares about hacking titleformatting strings.
    [/blockquote]
  • Fixed: Some visualizations don't need to be clicked first to get keyboard input anymore
  • Fixed: "???" occassionally displayed as current song title
  • Fixed: Titlebar disappearing after stopping plugin in a panel
  • Maybe something else I don't remember, like changing the default title formatting strings.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #203
sweet thx

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #204
can you please add a link to a previous version, for those who don't use F2K 0.9.5+
thanks

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #205
No.
Apart from the technical reason that I don't have it, my only requirement regarding version compatibility is for the component to work with the latest non-beta version of foobar2000. I'm not deliberately breaking compatiblity, however no other versions are officially supported.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #206
I really would like to thank you for your work. The plugin works really well. When I updated I missed at first to put the nscrt.ddl file into the foobar folder. I don't know if there was a read me in the .zip I downloaded. Maybe I missed it.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #207
You didn't, there is no readme file included.
But I tried to cover this particular question in the FAQ section of the first post of this forum thread, and also in the help accessible by clicking the [Help] button on Shpeck's preferences page.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #208
ok, thanks Yirkha for fast reply.

so, because i'm using F2K 0.9.4.5, and i don't mean to switch to 0.9.5.x
does anybody have a link to some previous version.
i'd really appreciate that.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #209
You didn't, there is no readme file included.

You may want to add this one to the distribution then.

Code: [Select]
Foo_Vis_Shpeck, Winamp visual plugin wrapper for Foobar2000 v0.9x
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(c) 2007-2008 by Yirkha

Requires NSCRT.DLL distributed with Winamp 5.x. Copy it into a folder where
the Windows DLL loader can find it (e.g. Foobar2000 main folder).

For the latest version and discussion please visit:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=59388&st=0

Changelog:
~~~~~~~~~~

v0.2.4
 · New: Plugins which use spectrum data now use the new FFT behavior for spectrum-generating methods
        available in v0.9.5.2 and newer (normalized output, Gauss window used instead of rectangular
        for better quality & less aliasing)
 · New: Embedded window titlebar customizability - background color, text color, title font and
        button images. Button images can be loaded from external BMP file, whose width must be
        divisible by 5 (for five buttons - prev., next, random, fullscreen and menu) and its
        height must be divisible by 3 (for three states - normal, hover and pushed).
        32bit format with alpha/opacity is supported (as is the default image).
        Windows desktop    settings with adaptive semi-transparent buttons    are used by default.
 · New: Option to prevent running plugin's thread on lower priority (might help with random pauses)
 · Fix: The playlist titleformatting code could not be edited.
        I believe this bug must have been present since the first version and nobody noticed.
        Another proof that nobody cares about hacking titleformatting strings.
 · Fix: Some visualizations don't need to be clicked first to get keyboard input anymore
 · Fix: "???" occassionally displayed as current song title
 · Fix: Titlebar disappearing after stopping plugin in a panel
 · Maybe something else I don't remember, like changing the default title formatting strings.

v0.2.3
 · Keyboard shortcuts not processed by plugin are correctly forwarded to the main window now
 · Blank spectrum data is used when not available instead of fake "gradient"
 · Contents of the default Winamp installation directory is scanned automatically on first run
 · Fixed preferences page layout ("Available plugins" listbox border, scrollbars, etc.)
 · Using better method to get icon for "embedded windows"

v0.2.2
 · Fix: Crash on files with sample rate < 44.1 kHz or on song change between files with different sample rate.
 · Fix: Reporting possibly invalid waveform/spectrum data from files with non-standard channel count.

v0.2.1
 · Reverted "feature" #3 of v0.2.0.

v0.2.0
 · Optimized processing of multichannel audio & spectrum data.
 · More acurate waveform data are now passed to the plugins.
 · The command "Next" goes to random entry if random playlist order is selected. (see below)
 · Fix: Milkdrop 1.04 fake fullscreen option results in close.
 · Fix: Closing AVS window does not stop it completely, it has to be closed again by "Shpeck/Stop" command afterwards.
 · Fix: Position of the fake Winamp's window is illegal. (Now uses v2.4 skin window size @ 0,0.)
 · Panel integration improvements:
   · Rewritten panel embedding interface for better compatibility.
   · Fix: Context menu of some plugins is not accessible because it's being overriden by the Column UI's default one.
   · Fix: MilkDrop2 in panel cannot be run twice ("Can't register window class.").
   · Fix: MilkDrop2/AVS in panel creates multiple windows when switching to/from fullscreen mode.

v0.1.3
 · Handling of "embedded windows" changed again (saving position only if moved around, occasional behaviour)
 · Fixed random preset toggling
 · Fixed and added commands (seeking backwards, non-standard previous song command, repeat, shuffle)
 · Fixed fake Winamp window title for compatibility (e.g. GeekAmp)

Known issues:
 · MilkDrop v1.04 closes itself when attempted to enter the "fake fullscreen" mode. Uncheck "Integrate
   with Winamp skin" in MilkDrop configuration to rectify temporarily.

v0.1.2
 · "Wasabi services API" has been partially implemented, MilkDrop v2.0d and "Nullsoft Tiny Fullscreen" work now
 · Positioning of "embedded windows" has been rewritten, position of plugin windows should stay the same between
   runs and reflect what the plugin wants correctly.
   Warning: This could have a negative impact on usage inside a CUI/DUI panel, which I haven't tested much
 · "Embedded windows" now have a fb2k icon instead of windows default
 · Fixed bug which caused AVS to stay active after closing its window instead of invoking "Shpeck - stop" command
 · Some things I don't remember

v0.1.1
 · Fixed some crash issues

v0.1.0
 · Each plugin now has its own menu item, there's no need to choose the "active one" in the preferences anymore.
   (Note: Plugin list isn't refreshed automatically anymore.)
 · Plugins can now be changed without manual stop-start cycle
 · Plugins running in a embedded window now have a toolbar with next/prev/random/fullscreen/menu buttons to send
   commands. Can be hidden in preferences or popup menu.
 · Plugins running in a embedded window now get keyboard focus correctly and can be controlled
 · Title is correctly reseted when playback is stopped
 · Works in Columns UI panel now, too

Notes:
 The standard plugins work as usual, i.e. creating their own window or running in fullscreen. Embedded window
 plugins run in a CUI panel or in an external window if panel is not available. Only one instance of the panel
 is allowed. Current version of CUI allows you to create more instances during "Live editing mode", but it's
 only a temporary bug. Known plugins embeddable in a panel are Milkdrop v1/v2 and AVS. AVS is supposed to be
 only run this way. For MilkDrop check "Integrate with Winamp" in their configuration. Embedded window toolbar
 buttons don't work for MilkDrop v1.

One plugin can be selected to be run in the panel after start automatically - click on the caption/title and
 use the popup menu.

If you prefer old Milkdrop v1.04 behaviour change vis_milk.dll at offset 0002A12B from 74h to EBh.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #210
Thanks, I didn't want to write anything, but this is hard to refuse.
I've made only a few changes, it's included in the ZIP from now on.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #212
I decided to at least finalize the v0.2.4 version from beta stage before the component dies completely, so here it is.

Hi,

I'm running foobar 0.9.5.3 and the latest foo_vis_shpeck.dll gives me :

Code: [Select]
Failed to load DLL: foo_vis_shpeck.dll
Reason: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

The version "Feb 17 2008 15:12:48 <yirkha@fud.cz>" doesn't have this problem.

Any idea how to fix this ?

EDIT: I reinstalled "vcredist_x86.exe" and it fixed the problem...

TIA.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #213
hi! awesome plugin but i ve got one problem.
It works good with milkdrop 2.0d but not with AVS 2.81d: the window appears but stay blank.
could you help me
thanks

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #214
I know problem like this has been reported at least once before. Nahkranoth described here exactly the same symptoms as you. However, the same person said later that it started to work fine, even though I don't recall making any changes which could influence this. Maybe it's caused rather by some system setting or something.
Anyway, because AVS 2.81d also works fine for me, I'm afraid I can't help you.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #215
Seems that this problem can be fixed by installing newest vcredist. Here's the link copied from earlier post: vcredist

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #216
i try to reinstall vcredist (altough it was already installed) but nothing changes.
i m on vista buisness sp1, winamp v5.531 and foobar 0.9.5
i try with only foo_vis_shpeck, it doesn't work either.
but i notice something strange: only one or two preset work: for exemple S_KuPeRs - Kingish works
if i find something, i ll tell you
thanks

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #217
Same problem here. Same software specs.
Not that I care, I'd choose milkdrop over avs any day.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #218
Hello I like this plug in a lot (for letting tripex3 work in Foobar), but in order to use it I had to install vcredist. That has left junk all over the root of my F: drive.
This is not acceptable because the drive is shared and it makes the drive impossible to navigate from OSX.

It doesn't let you choose where to install it - does anybody have a solution?

(see also http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=642169)

Sorry if this is considered OT, I only post here because it is a direct dependency.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #219
That has left junk all over the root of my F: drive...

You can freely delete all that junk after installation is complete.

but i notice something strange: only one or two preset work: for exemple S_KuPeRs - Kingish works

They're not exactly work, there are presets that show some crap. When you vsee them in winamp, you would notice the difference.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #220
The MSVC 9.0 CRT package installs into "%WINDIR%\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC90.*" (and perhaps adds an uninstaller in "%PROGRAMFILES%\InstallShield Installation Information\{...}").
Any other files are probably only temporary.

Nonetheless, seeing all the arduous trouble poor people have to go through, I might as well consider linking the component with static CRT.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #221
In v0.9.5.3 there is no Visualisation tab in the preferences! Why did they remove it? :S

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #222
Because They, those incursive feature-eliminating fascists, are after You and all other fine and peaceful people. :T

(Hint: In foobar2000 v0.9.5.3, there is no "Visualisation tab" in the preferences, because there never was any. But there is "Visualisations" branch there, which is visible only if some component actually fills its preferences page under that group, exactly as in the previous versions.)

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #223
Hint 2: The visualizations that come with foobar2000 do not have preferences pages, because they use per-instance configuration.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #224
The download server seems to be down. Can we get a mirror location?