Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_lastfm_radio (Read 341346 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #100
Just a small feature request about the Album art support:

Is it possible to add an option to show the Artist Image if the Album Art is not found?

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #101
thank you very much for this plugin!

i have a problem:
whenever i play a track, it normally starts playing and after a few seconds (depending on the buffer size set in Playback-Output) the playback pauses and plays and pauses and plays and so on for a few seconds...afterwards the playback continues normally. the problem disappears if i press the pause button and wait for a few seconds and press pause again to continue playing, but appears again on the next track.

from my experience with mp3 streaming, i think that this is a buffer problem.
i think that this plugin should have a buffer slider like there is for http streams (components -> networking).
i know that these are actually http streams, but i don't think that foobar recognises it because the "protocol" listed in playlist is FOO_LASTFM_RADIO:// (not sure but from that i guess that the plugin handles the streaming,not foobar itself)

correct me if i'm wrong, please...

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #102
The FOO_LASTFM_RADIO:// nonsense exists purely so that the component can act as a middleman and fill in the tags, album art, etc. It gets converted back to http://*.mp3 internally, and passed onto foobar2000 for streaming/playing.

There should be a new version with some of the requests soon. (Silent playlist updates, and skip over expired files and invalid tickets being the main ones.)

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #103
The FOO_LASTFM_RADIO:// nonsense exists purely so that the component can act as a middleman and fill in the tags, album art, etc. It gets converted back to http://*.mp3 internally, and passed onto foobar2000 for streaming/playing.

There should be a new version with some of the requests soon. (Silent playlist updates, and skip over expired files and invalid tickets being the main ones.)

that makes sense, but i still don't understand why do i have these pauses at the beginning of almost every track, especially if i generate a new station...
tried changing the http buffer but still the same results...

the odd thing to me is that when i double click on the lastfm radio playlist item, the playback starts instantly, so i don't think that the http buffer size set to 1500kb is respected...

this doesn't happen with other streams like shoutcast radio, nor with the official client (flash player or lastfm.exe), lastfmproxy+player or when i manually enter the stream url following this guide...

edit: the same thing happens all the time on 4th to 6th second, and happens whether the http buffer is set to 16kb or 1500kb :/

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #104
I had this stutter-problem sometimes, too... but not regularly, so I thought it was my crappy w-lan connection.
fb2k on OSX: flac q8 > rockboxed Sansa e280v1: Vorbis q5.0

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #105
feature request: adding playlist contents to active playlist / making active(selected) playlist a last.fm playlist instead of creating new one.

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #106
Version 0.4.1 released.

The track auth code needed to ban tracks can now be accessed with the title formatting command $info(lastfm:trackauth), so if the author of foo_audioscrobbler decides to implement love/ban functionality (which is part of the scrobbling api), then that's available for use.

jeremija: I don't think there is anything the component does which would cause the stuttering, but I'll keep an eye out.

lwiczek: I'll think about it. I've tried to avoid overwriting existing playlists (except if they are unfortunately named, I guess), as I can see that it would be an annoyance. I think of the playlists as individual stations you can "tune" to, and like that you can keep your favourites stored for easy access.

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #107
jeremija: I don't think there is anything the component does which would cause the stuttering, but I'll keep an eye out.

thanks, i'm gonna check it out on another pc with and without the current foobar configuration and post the results here sometimes soon...

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #108
thanks for the update. working fine here

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #109
thx for new version
If I understand right new changelog, the lastfm:// links should be clickable on the site?
It didn't work, no application connected to that protocol, firefox and foobar restart didn't help

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #110

thanks, i'm gonna check it out on another pc with and without the current foobar configuration and post the results here sometimes soon...

i just copied my foobar folder along with the cfg file to another computer and the same thing was happening...
but after i pressed the Reset All button...
i guess i'll have to start customizing my foobar all over again

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #111
If you work out what it was, please let me know...

MusX: no, that's not a feature of the current version. A logical thing to put on the TODO list though...

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #112
If you work out what it was, please let me know...

MusX: no, that's not a feature of the current version. A logical thing to put on the TODO list though...

i have absolutely no idea, i have just nuked my fb profile and created a new one and i think i have pretty mutch set it up to how it was before...
and NO PAUSES!!!! 

ofcourse i'll let you know if it starts happening again and i figure out what is it!
cheers!

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #113
lwiczek: I'll think about it. I've tried to avoid overwriting existing playlists (except if they are unfortunately named, I guess), as I can see that it would be an annoyance. I think of the playlists as individual stations you can "tune" to, and like that you can keep your favourites stored for easy access.

I understand playlist—favourite statnion concept, but after a while of using this (great) plugin list of playlists get quite large and harder to control. And while normal playlist also take part in it, you can easily browse/edit those playlist while playing other files (which is useful) and with playlist-stantions it makes (in my v.humble opinion) no sense to keep many of them at the same time. On the other hand, in window "Open a custom station" there could be little tick to select named "Add to favourites" and list of those favourites as a submenu could be placed at the bottom of current menu. (but this is just a concept which would go nicely with single last.fm-playlist with different content)

PS. Thanks for "silent updates"

EDIT: Popups still appears.

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #114
any chance for such thing below Recently Listened Tracks:
Listening now using Last.fm Player - Tuned to username's Library
or Tuned to similar artists to artist_name
?

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #115
any chance for such thing below Recently Listened Tracks:
Listening now using Last.fm Player - Tuned to username's Library
or Tuned to similar artists to artist_name
?

I think this is to do with last.fm itself- I seem to remember this component used to make my last.fm profile say "listening to neighbourhood radio" or whatever, but since last.fm changed to this new system where they say what media player you're using, it doesn't do it. I think we have to hope last.fm will change things so us foobar users get that little message, then maybe info about radio stations will follow.

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #116
First things first: Thank you for this excellent component.  It is extremely useful and efficient.  It is one of those components you could easily spend hours playing around with.  I love it.

So, perhaps this post goes beyond the scope of this component's design, but I was curious as to the following:

Is there a way to use Last.fm playlists, but instead of streaming the audio files from last.fm, the component would query the media library for the tracks and play locally stored files instead?

For example, if I want to create a playlist of music tagged as "chillout" on last.fm, I can open a custom station with the tag "chillout."  As the component is currently situated, that station is streamed from last.fm at the 128kbps rate.  What I am trying to accomplish is have those playlists first rely on locally stored files (advantages: higher bitrate, offline availability).  So continuing the example, since one of the files in the last.fm chillout playlist is "Portishead - Glory Box," it would simply play that file from my computer, not from last.fm.

There was a component called Scrobble Charts (thread), in which a user could retrieve last.fm feeds and dynamically create a playlist based on an artist's top tracks or similar artist's top tracks.  Unfortunately, as far as I know, the component was never developed beyond using artist information, i.e. to the point where you could use last.fm tags, recommended stations, or neighbour stations, etc.

I would love to be able to use the organization and raw power of last.fm, but integrate it with my own media library.  Is this possible?

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #117
I understand playlist—favourite statnion concept, but after a while of using this (great) plugin list of playlists get quite large and harder to control.

I second that !! The plug-in would be perfect if you could bring an option to make it work in a unique "Last.fm" playlist (eg. if I open a new station, it will be brought to the same playlist as the previous one opened).

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #118

I understand playlist—favourite statnion concept, but after a while of using this (great) plugin list of playlists get quite large and harder to control.

I second that !! The plug-in would be perfect if you could bring an option to make it work in a unique "Last.fm" playlist (eg. if I open a new station, it will be brought to the same playlist as the previous one opened).

yep, good idea. Could be at least as an option.

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #119
What it needs is for someone to develop a collapsible playlist switcher as discussed here, which would do sort of what you want but would mean I wouldn't have to go to the menu to get new l.fm radio stations...

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #120
Just realized there could be lots of works. If you go listen some radio in-page, for example:
http://www.last.fm/listen/user/MusX/recommended
you can:
- love
- ban
- tag
- share (a bit useless for me)
- see artist description
- see similar artist
- see events by this artist near you
- see shoutbox
- write posts in shoutbox

Really would like all those features in that plugin, there is huge work to be done. I'm able to coding (very very basic :/) in C, C++, C#, VB, php, js, xml. Is there any way to help you to do all this features?

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #121
What an awesome component! Everything seems to work quite fine for me. I have only one question - where does it cache downloaded cover images if it caches them at all?

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #122
thanks for the update!

Thanks a lot for this plugin! that makes foobar the all in one music player, for me  =)

It even works with the lyrics stuff. The last.fm client doesn't have that =Þ

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #123
<snip>

Really would like all those features in that plugin, there is huge work to be done. I'm able to coding (very very basic :/) in C, C++, C#, VB, php, js, xml. Is there any way to help you to do all this features?

Version 0.4.1 does provide the info needed for doing this in separate components (see this post).  All the info you need to write such a component is here, and in the fb2k SDK.

Actually I think that it is a good thing that foo_lastfm_radio is focused on doing one thing right, and leaving the rest for other components.

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #124
I have only one question - where does it cache downloaded cover images if it caches them at all?
It doesn't, they are retrieved each time the file is selected. I'm considering caching the images, but only to memory as a small optimisation for the case where the user switches between tracks a lot. Not a priority though.