Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 0.7 is out! (Read 18110 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

After numerous betas and RCs Foobar2000 0.7 Final is out:
http://www.foobar2000.org/

Changelog is currently a bit out-of-date, but hopefully an up-to-date changelog will appear soon.
Juha Laaksonheimo

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #1
Excellent !

By the way :

Code: [Select]
System requirements:
Windows 9X version - runs on Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME
Windows NT version - runs on Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000 and Windows XP

* note: You can run Windows 9x version on a Windows NT based OS, but unicode-related features will not function properly
   * note: Very old versions of Windows 95 or NT 4.0 may need msvcrt.dll to be additionally installed

CPU:
200 MHz, AMD K5 or Pentium or equivalent (500MHz Athlon or Pentium III recommended)
RAM:
32 MB
Display:
800x600 resolution

A soundcard isn't mentioned ! 

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #2
[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']It's Foobar2000 btw[/span]

Fixed now 
Happiness - The agreeable sensation of contemplating the misery of others.

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #3
Changelog is currently a bit out-of-date, but hopefully an up-to-date changelog will appear soon.

~30% speed gain on MP3 decoding (w00t) B). Foobar2000 now has the fastest MP3 decoder of any program, as far as I know.

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #4
[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']It's Foobar2000 btw[/span]

Fixed now 

No, it's foobar2000.

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #5
A soundcard isn't mentioned !

Nope. That's 'cause you don't have to actually be capable of hearing the music to be able to play it.

Notice it also does not require "speakers", "non-deafness" or even "ears". Of course it's kinda worthless without both of the last two, and it's worthless without the first one (unless they simply happen not to be on your computer.

*Whew*. I sucked the fun right slap out of that joke.

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #6
No, it's foobar2000.

Heh. I thought of that, but considering it's the first word of the thread's title, it should be capitalized following the rules of proper English.
Happiness - The agreeable sensation of contemplating the misery of others.

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #7
...following the rules of proper English.

Since when is "foobar" proper english? 
Certainly not on my Webster dictionary! 
I'm the one in the picture, sitting on a giant cabbage in Mexico, circa 1978.
Reseñas de Rock en Español: www.estadogeneral.com

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #8
Thank you Peter for all your hard work.

[span style=\'font-size:9\']\"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light\"[/span]

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #9
for me it's the best player, for my friends- they can't understand how can I use it
Digital Individual Assembled for Battle and Logical Observation

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #10
Thanks Peter, for bearing with all of us nitpicking users... now 0.7 is much improved, more intuitive in userability than 0.6.
Now we can all sit back and enjoy our music with 0.7 for about 1 or 2 months, before some people start asking for 0.8 development  .

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #11
for me it's the best player, for my friends- they can't understand how can I use it

same problem here 
i don't understand why people prefer winamp before fb2k...one of my friends says he doesn't want to listen to music with a texteditor    though he has it minimized all the time and would use fb2k's advanced playlist functions...

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #12
...one of my friends says he doesn't want to listen to music with a texteditor...

You probably have to customise FB's looks for him, before you let him use it . As a matter of fact, people are wary of things that look commandline-ish.

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #13
I will give it a try ...
The name was Plex The Ripper, not Jack The Ripper

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #14
hmm... sqeeze me for asking this, *cough* but I can't figure out how to decode mp3's (or other formats) into wav's with the new version! In 0.667 you just right clicked on the track and then cornvert -> run conversion. Now where is that feature hidden?

Don't flame my ass or cut me up for asking this! Heh he.. I have been looking around for the answer but can't find anything that would point me in the right direction. Maybe I'm just a dumb ass... Anyway, please just tell me how to do it, nothing more, nothing less.

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #15
Oh, I'd love a Linux port of this wonderful piece of software wich has been significantly more easy to control in 0.7! But I guess that's not gonna happen? (And no, I don't prefer running it under Wine  )

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #16
I will give it a try ...

I've tried, no luck , but anyway I'm happy, that my 3(!) friends like foobar2000 
Digital Individual Assembled for Battle and Logical Observation

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #17
Dalkus

Hmm... not sure, but my version has the "run conversion" available when right-clicking files in the playlist. I installed using Case's "special" installer, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference. I also have his CLI encoder and Ogg encoder installed. Try installing using his installer, if that doesn't work, try adding the CLI encoder.

Do you have a Diskwriter component in the Prefs window?

EDIT: should have said: "convert -> run conversion" in the popup...

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #18
You shouldn't need Case's installer to have the diskwriter installed.

However, if you use the standard installers from the foobar2000 downloads page then you will need the "Normal installer" as the "Lite installer" doesn't include this component.

Also, if you use the Normal installer and then select Minimum install then you will not get this component.

If the diskwriter component is installed then it is possible that you have don't have the relevant context menu item enabled.  Go to Preferences, Core, Context Menu Items to change this.

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #19
thanx guys, I'll look into it a bit more

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #20

same problem here 
i don't understand why people prefer winamp before fb2k...one of my friends says he doesn't want to listen to music with a texteditor    though he has it minimized all the time and would use fb2k's advanced playlist functions...

Maybay it's becaus they haven't try it. Or they are just Winamp forever doodz...

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #21
same problem here 
i don't understand why people prefer winamp before fb2k...one of my friends says he doesn't want to listen to music with a texteditor  though he has it minimized all the time and would use fb2k's advanced playlist functions...

When you download it, it just seems unimpressive.  It really does look like notepad with stuff (I thought it was even worse with the ASCII buttons, like # for stop and II for pause).

It wasn't until someone mentioned that you could configure the appearence before I took another look at fb2k. Using a variant of upNorth's code from the Foobar formatting thread, I got foobar setup in a way that a lot of people who look at it say "Wow...." when most would say "ewww..." at the default formatting.

I don't know how Peter feels about it (since he seems like a "don't like it? don't use it" kinda guy), but having a more elegant default format might attract more users.  I know that the new buttons certainly make it much better looking now than they did in the past.

My fiance likes it a lot better, especially since I only keep fb2k on our HTPC

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #23
"Case's special" is now also available on official page, details about contents and download link here.

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #24
one of my friends says he doesn't want to listen to music with a texteditor

I think your friend has hit the nail on the proverbial head there!