Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to delete a album art cover (Read 3438 times) previous topic - next topic

How to delete a album art cover

Hello!

I found some mp3s with embedded album art. I want to delete the embedded cover. Unfortunatelly, right clicking on the cover gives no option such as "Delete cover". Is there a way to delete the cover?

Thanks!

Reply #1
Foobar can't help you with that, I use MP3tag do delete embedded covers.

Reply #2
I'm not sure you can do that in foobar (other might say yes and give you steps), but you can very easily done that with MP3tag

edit: 2min of retard  But twice answer better than none!

Reply #3
i think you can in a aroundabout kind of way. open the properties of the affected files. highlight all the names/values and right click>copy (this copies all the tags to the windows clipboard). now click tools>remove tags. accept the warning dialog. now right click anywhere in the properties area and select "paste fields" and that will put all your tags back in place.

maybe you should copy a few files and test first just to be on the safe side.

Reply #4
highlight all the names/values and right click>copy (this copies all the tags to the windows clipboard). now click tools>remove tags. accept the warning dialog. now right click anywhere in the properties area and select "paste fields" and that will put all your tags back in place.

This works, thanks a lot.

Maybe I post this as a suggestion in the development corner...

Reply #5
foobar2000 was never really intended to handle embedding images. I'd be surprised if they added this feature. (And am perfectly happy without it.)

Reply #6
There is API in the SDK for manipulating embedded images (add/remove) as well as reading them, but it's apparently really implemented by the standard input for MP4-based formats only and nobody uses it as far as I know.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #7
foobar2000 was never really intended to handle embedding images. I'd be surprised if they added this feature. (And am perfectly happy without it.)

Ah, a bright coloured fish!

I'd be surprised if foobar2000 doesn't support embedded art in the long run. It's part of the ID3 spec & foobar seems to gravitate towards full (& strict) compliance with specs. But I wouldn't expect it anytime soon - there's quite a lot more to the spec than just one image.

Reply #8
I think this is a good suggestion, since fb2k has a great tag editing interface already and embedded images seems to be now quite normal for the file formats I use anyways (i.e. flac and mp3).

Reply #9
I found some mp3s with embedded album art. I want to delete the embedded cover. Unfortunatelly, right clicking on the cover gives no option such as "Delete cover". Is there a way to delete the cover?

MP3Tag can delete embedded albumart.

Reply #10
There is API in the SDK for manipulating embedded images (add/remove) as well as reading them, but it's apparently really implemented by the standard input for MP4-based formats only and nobody uses it as far as I know.

Wait... really?  I've been dying for this feature since I first started using foobar.  It's the entire reason I still have Mp3tag installed.  Can someone with experience in making components please consider making a component that adds this feature?  I'd just like two simple context menu commands to "Embed Album Art..." (and allow the user to browse for and select an image file) and "Remove Album Art".  I had no idea this functionality was available in the SDK.