Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 24/192 WAV files to play through Wadia 170 iTransport (Read 2328 times) previous topic - next topic

24/192 WAV files to play through Wadia 170 iTransport

I record live music on a Sound Devices 722 digital audio recorder at 24/192 as WAV files.  I can import the 24/192 WAV file into iTunes on a Mac and the bit rate is displayed as 9216 kps.  This makes sense since 24x192=9216.  When I click on the song in iTunes it plays back at the correct tempo.

I bought a Wadia 170 iTransport since it says it will output bit perfect digital files.  I'd love to hear my recordings this way over my sound system.  I understand that this would chew up drive space real fast on an iPod.  However . . .

I can't get my iPod to accept the 9216 kps song files.  I went to set iTunes / Preferences / Advanced / Importing to WAV but the options for sample rate only go up to 48.0 kps and the bit rate up to 16-bit.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to overcome this will be appreciated.

Z Inner Ear