Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_scheduler (Read 439790 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_scheduler

Reply #125
I've found a problem with assigning keys. I made 2 menu item events. Then I try to schedule them to keys, and it doesn't work correctly. In the key assignment options, it shows the keys as <not set>. However, in the description that is just above the field titled "Key", it does show the event I've chosen. Then, it actually works even though it says <not set>, but both keys are always assigned to the same event. In the menu file>trigger scheduler event>, it shows both items and then the same key next to them.

Sorry, scheduler menu items can't be assigned to keyboard shortcuts and Columns UI buttons... Don't ask to implement, impossible due to internal architecture...

foo_scheduler

Reply #126
3.52 with "Set playback order" and action list execution option.

Now this is great news! Thank you very much! I have never seen the old version of foo_scheduler, but I doubt it could be better than this.

foo_scheduler

Reply #127
Can I make foo_scheduler work on my Limited User Account on Windows XP (I can configure the plugin, but nothing happens even if it's configured properly). On my Administrator account everything works perfect.

foo_scheduler

Reply #128
That's interesting. I am also running foobar2000 and foo_scheduler as a restricted user using psexec (www.sysinternals.com), but I do not see any trouble using it that way.

foo_scheduler

Reply #129
Strange... I've tested the plugin on limited user account and everything works fine. Describe exactly what you do.

foo_scheduler

Reply #130
In fact, just shutdown schedules (shutdown, hibernate, suspend) won't work (I can add shutdown to the actions list and assign it to some event, but computer doesn't shutdown when the event happens). This morning I tried other options (like Exit foobar2000, Set volume...) and they are working fine.

Maybe the problem is connected with fact that I don't have options Shutdown and Hibernate in the Start -> Shut Down menu (just Logoff)?

foo_scheduler

Reply #131
Maybe the problem is connected with fact that I don't have options Shutdown and Hibernate in the Start -> Shut Down menu (just Logoff)?

That's it! You don't have privileges to shutdown the computer.

foo_scheduler

Reply #132
Yes, that was the problem! I have configured privileges in Local Security Policy and everything works OK now. Thanks!

foo_scheduler

Reply #133
Andrew:
would it be possible to mark the menu item (re-enabled after done) while the action is being executed? Just to know whether I have already initiated the "sleep" action or not. Thanks for considering.

foo_scheduler

Reply #134
i'd just like to thank you for such a brilliantly useful plugin.  thanks alot, smolko.

foo_scheduler

Reply #135
is their an instruction book to this like on Wiki etc?  I'm just trying to figure out how you can select 1 track and have it play then after it finishes then whatever track you schedule next gets played next instead of it going to next song on playlist.  Almost like scheduling your own playlist is what I am trying to do.

foo_scheduler

Reply #136
You can queue songs without this plugin. select a song and rightclick and choose "Add to playback queue" (I'm not sure if it's there default, if not, you can add it in context menu in preferences)

Or if you just want one song then you can use "Playback follow Cursor" under the playback menu, then just select the song you want to be played next and when your current song is finished it will play the song you  selected. Hope this helps.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

foo_scheduler

Reply #137
can you schedule this:
Add to playback queue stuff?

foo_scheduler

Reply #138
can you schedule this:
Add to playback queue stuff?

grab foo_queuemanager (this plugin creates a playlist for queue items), then just set the schedule to play that particular playlist.

foo_scheduler

Reply #139
ok i wonder whether this could some how be implemented:

i want to be able to change to a certain playlist and i want a delay in there. But the delay may vary. Could it made so that you set up the schedule with a delay and when you active it from the file>schedule menu you could specify the length of the delay from a pop up box.

Only prob i see is if you have multiple delays (perhaps only pop up for the 1st occurance  of a delay)

foo_scheduler

Reply #140
Hi. First of all: Thank you for ur hard Work to Write a scheduler for 0.9.
Thats what i missed since im using 0.9...

But, could u PLS think about some improvements? This would be Wonderful

- Add some more "Player Actions" in the Drop Down List. An event List like in the "old" scheduler would be awesome. Im Missing "on Playback start" especially.

- Add a "Status Display". If i start an action list through the "File" Menu, i cant see its status or if its activated. A "best practice" would be to add some new Tag Variables like %scheduler_countdown%, %scheduler_status% and so on. This could be displayed through "foo_uie_trackinfo" for example.

I think that would be a very useful improvement.
Thanks for Reading

Sry for my bad English. Greetz.

foo_scheduler

Reply #141
[/quote]
Sorry, scheduler menu items can't be assigned to keyboard shortcuts and Columns UI buttons... Don't ask to implement, impossible due to internal architecture...
[/quote]

I need to assign actions to keys in order to use them on my remote control. I really like the functions, especially changing what playlist is playing, but its not usfull to me in saving time if I can't set it to a key. Every other plugin action in foobar can be assigned a keyboard shortcut, why would it be impossible for this one? That sounds extremely unlikely. This is a very standard and basic plugin function, and it already works partially. I would also remind you that the 8.3 foobar scheduler did this just fine. I know me and other people who aren't total mouse users would really appreciate this functionality.

Thanks.

foo_scheduler

Reply #142
[quote name='Moofar' date='Jan 1 2007, 04:56' post='460839']
[/quote]
[/quote]

I need to assign actions to keys in order to use them on my remote control. I really like the functions, especially changing what playlist is playing, but its not usfull to me in saving time if I can't set it to a key. Every other plugin action in foobar can be assigned a keyboard shortcut, why would it be impossible for this one? That sounds extremely unlikely. This is a very standard and basic plugin function, and it already works partially. I would also remind you that the 8.3 foobar scheduler did this just fine. I know me and other people who aren't total mouse users would really appreciate this functionality.

Thanks.
[/quote]
To change playlist, you can use the Run command plugin with a Foobar command line option (check the foo_run thread).

The developer of this new scheduler plugin, already said that what we are asking for is not possible due to the way the code is formed.

Of course, he knows better what he can or can't do so the only thing I'm asking him is to remove the scheduler items in the keyboard shorcut editor because they are just confusing.

Thanks.

foo_scheduler

Reply #143
To change playlist, you can use the Run command plugin with a Foobar command line option (check the foo_run thread).

I looked into the foobar command line paramaters, and I read that thread, but I can't figure out how to change to a specific playlist. One person says they are using the command line "playlist-activate playlistname", but that doesn't work as a command line. I see that yiou should be able to add commands to the menu so I looked into that. However I can't figure that out because in the foobar2000 wiki, it says to add commands to the main menu by "Foobar2000 | Preferences | Core | Main Menu Items" However that doesn't exist in my preferences and I don't see anything to add any commands to the menu.

foo_scheduler

Reply #144
Thank you VERY much for this component, Andrew!

A humble request:

Could you create an action "start converting"? This way it would be possible to automatically record (=convert) radio streams at a certain time, e.g., when you're not at home.

foo_scheduler

Reply #145
3.53 with support of keyboard shortcuts for menu items (experimental feature).

foo_scheduler

Reply #146

I looked into the foobar command line paramaters, and I read that thread, but I can't figure out how to change to a specific playlist. One person says they are using the command line "playlist-activate playlistname", but that doesn't work as a command line. I see that yiou should be able to add commands to the menu so I looked into that. However I can't figure that out because in the foobar2000 wiki, it says to add commands to the main menu by "Foobar2000 | Preferences | Core | Main Menu Items" However that doesn't exist in my preferences and I don't see anything to add any commands to the menu.

1) I don't think you can add custom commands to the main menu. You can add them to the context (right click) menu, instead
2) You must have the foo_run plugin
3) In the lowest code box of the "run services" preferences page you have to put
Code: [Select]
C:\Programmi\09 foobar2000\foobar2000.exe /playlist-activate:"Relax"

Then put your description (eg. Switch to playlist Relax) in the "Label" box.
Be sure to click on the "Add" button and to see the line added into the upper box.
4) From then on, you will find this command in the context menu: Run\Switch to playlist Relax.
5) If you want to assign this to a keyboard shortcut go to the keyboard shorcut editor (fancy that!)
6) If you like, you can also assign this to a button. To do that, right click on a button bar and choose "customize". Then "Add" and then "Change". In the window that opens up, select "Context menu items" on the upper left pane and "None" (not sure, try and see) in the upper right one. Then in the lower pane look for the lines with "Run services". Probably you will see a few of them. Click on each of them to see its label and choose that famous (by now) "Switch to playlist Relax". Click "OK" twice and you're done.

It takes longer to explain it than to do it.

foo_scheduler

Reply #147
Great plugin, there is one thing that's bad about it though. I always forget to assign an action list to an event after I create it. It's really easy to forget this. After you create an event it should prompt you to assign an action list.

foo_scheduler

Reply #148
It's a great component but i have a few things i found pretty unhandy:
1. When you go to sleep and just want about 30 min of music you have to set the entire date and time of that moment. Isn't it just possible to make a action list which you can execute immediately?

2. When you want to set the volume change in a action list you have to set the volume of foobar to that value, and then push pick. This way you have to change the volume at the time you are listening to it. Especially when you want to just set the volume to 0.0dB you can't listen to music at the setup time.
Isn't it a better idea to just type in the desired dB value?
Inter Deum et Diabolum semper Musica est", Tanzwut

foo_scheduler

Reply #149
i have been trying the 'wake up from standby' functionality, and it doesnt work for me. i tried three different times and got different errors:
1) the first time, music began playing as it should, but the volume stayed constant instead of gradually fading in. when i opened the screen of my laptop it was covered with visual c++ error windows. i hit ok on one of them and then foobar crashed immediately.
2) the second time i got a blip of sound for two seconds and then nothing. no errors, foobar just crashed without a trace.
3) the third time, i tried initiating standby manually instead of by closing the screen (as i did the first two times). this time foobar crashed again, but i got this error report.
anyone else have trouble w/ standby? 

[edit]: i just tried adding a one minute delay as the first operation. i thought maybe standby needed a moment to resume, and this was causing the errors. it didnt help, but i indirectly learned something-- during the delay period, i got impatient and pressed the 'shift' key to turn on the backlight again so i could see what was happening. pressing shift seems to have been all it needed, and a minute later foobar started playing like normal. i guess it needs some external input or something??.... ive really no idea why this would help. hope you can fix it!