Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How do I change the way names/info of songs are shown by my player? (Read 2037 times) previous topic - next topic

How do I change the way names/info of songs are shown by my player?

Hello,

I think I have a very basic question and would appreciate a litle help 

I am ripping an AUDIO CD to MP3 using EAC

I am using the following command line options

-V 0 --vbr-new --add-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --ta "%artist%" --tt "%title%" --tg "%genre%" --tl "%albumtitle%" --ty "%year%" --tn "%tracknr%" %source% -o %dest%

When playing the song in a player, the name appears as

Artist Name - Song Title

However I would like to change it to

Album Name - Song Title

What would be the correct command line    ?

Using EAC v 1.0 beta 2

Reply #1
This is to do with your player, not EAC or LAME. Ask wherever is appropriate for the former.

Reply #2
That's more likely to be a function of your player's 'now playing' formatting rather than how you've tagged or named the file in EAC. Check the player's settings to see whether or not it's configurable.

Reply #3
Not that shakensoul specified whether s/he is referring to a software player or a hardware player. If the latter, most devices do not offer any option to choose which, and in what arrangement, items of metadata are displayed on their Now Playing screen or anywhere else.