Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 0x6771 (Ogg Vorbis 3 PLUS) (Read 23576 times) previous topic - next topic

0x6771 (Ogg Vorbis 3 PLUS)

Hi boys and girls, i've got a video with audio codec 0x6771 (Ogg Vorbis 3 PLUS) and no there sound only noises.....and i can't find anymore...you can help me? thank you. 

Reply #1
Hi boys and girls, i've got a video with audio codec 0x6771 (Ogg Vorbis 3 PLUS) and no there sound only noises.....and i can't find anymore...you can help me? thank you. 

I have never heard about that codec.

Only vorbis I (1) exists.
Vorbis II (2) has been on the planning stage for several years, but it hasn't received much development time (in favour of Theora video codec).

the "Plus", i guess it could mean something like SBR (like aacplus). There existed one codec named PLUS-V that could be added to other codecs and was similar to SBR.

That being said, the main developer of Vorbis said that SBR-like encodings wouldn't improve Vorbis much, since it already had a mechanism that provided a similar functionality.

Concluding:  That either is a fake codec ( virus, whatever..) or a 3rd party experiment of someone.

Reply #2
oh my God......

Reply #3
Try to install Vorbis ACM Codec or CoreVorbis (if you are using DirectShow player), that should solve the problem.
--------------------

Reply #4

Don't tell me some developer went ahead and forked PlusV into Vorbis!? How many times did Xiph say that PlusV was not well suited for the codec. You think they would have listened by now, but NO. It's the same thing with the OGM people. Blargh annoying. 
budding I.T professional

Reply #5
Try to install Vorbis ACM Codec or CoreVorbis (if you are using DirectShow player), that should solve the problem.

No man...i was already installed all the ogg codesc that i know...ACM and CoreVorbis.....

No man...i was already installed all the ogg codesc that i know...ACM and CoreVorbis.....

Reply #7
Fast reply: could be an MP3+ into OGG container...

Reply #8
Stick the file into gspot and see what it says about it then report back here.

Reply #9

The VorbisACM(audio codec 0x6771 and others) does not guarantee compatibility between versions. You must choose an appropriate version.

It is not general-purpose codec for movie distribution.

Reply #10
I had the same issue with the noise instead of audio, this is one I use that worked:

OGG Vorbis 3 Plus

File will be there for next 7 days.

_

Reply #11
Deadpixel... now i listen no more silence! but  noises, only noises...but thank the same...

Reply #12
Well, the problem seems to be that the Ogg Vorbis 3 PLUS is specific to japanese stuff.
so, the solution is there

http://mikasaphp.net/f2.html

then look for Ogg and then clic on Ogg Vorbis Mode1~3+

there u are.

It's work perfectly on my computer (Windows 7)