Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: XLD: Settings reverted to defaults. What happened? (Read 3489 times) previous topic - next topic

XLD: Settings reverted to defaults. What happened?

Hello,

I have been using XLD happily for around 5 months.

Tonight when I started XLD, all the settings seemed to have reverted to the defaults.

I rebooted the computer and that did not help. I logged into another account on this computer, and settings for XLD, under that account, seem fine, they have NOT reverted.

Where are the settings for XLD stored?

What might have happened?

Is there a way to get back all my previous settings?

If I knew where the settings were stored I think I might be able to revert XLD settings from a time machine backup, does anyone know if this is possible?

Reply #1
If I knew where the settings were stored I think I might be able to revert XLD settings from a time machine backup, does anyone know if this is possible?

Sorry, no Mac here at work, so I can't verify until I'm back home this evening, but I'm pretty sure there is a .plist file somewhere in your Users/[yournamehere]/Library folder, which you can copy back from a TM backup.
To identify it you could try to just save some new settings and search for the most recent modified files, or make a Spotlight search for "xld", or "flac", or "lame"...

Hope this helps.
... I live by long distance.

Reply #2
Hey thanks, I am at work now also, so I cannot check.

Can you check to see if that folder exists?

After posting here I googled about application settings on Mac, and I thought that I had checked that folder last night and it was empty.

But maybe I didn't check the correct folder.

Reply #3
~Library/Preferences/jp.TMKK.XLD.plist
The Loudness War is over. Now it's a hopeless occupation.

Reply #4
Hey thanks, I found the file on my mac

Reply #5
Just do a restore from Time Machine or your other form of backup.