Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can I sort the library alphabetically? (Read 1474 times) previous topic - next topic

Can I sort the library alphabetically?

I can't figure out the sort tags very well or how to apply them and I did not see one in the help files dedicated to alphabetizing.

Can I just do this with an option in the menus instead of going in and typing in sort tags?

Reply #1
Where do you want to apply sorting? Library view (such as Album list) or playlist view?

Reply #2

This is how my window looks.  I haven't messed with many options or settings so I pretty much have gotten used to the look and it's fine.  But I'd like the list to be alphabetized so that I can quickly choose one instead of searching it.

I'd also like to know if it's possible to set up the list of songs in the queue below the library to display a few of the songs played instead of showing the song presently playing and only the next half dozen in queue.  Ideally I'd like to see five or so songs in the upcoming queue and at least three songs that have already been played so that I can stroll over to the computer and see at a glance what I have just been listening to.

I realize that I should post a separate question in another thread but that question was made in a separate thread and no one responded at all as to whether it was possible to set up or not.

Reply #3
Those are called playlist tabs and I'm fairly sure you can't order those. I think however there is a component called Playlist Dropdown or something like that which does that by default.

As for the queue, you might want to try the Queue Contents Editor component.  I have no experience with it, but I think it should be able to do what you are asking for.