Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Windows Media Player Plus! - Various enhancements for WMP (Read 310579 times) previous topic - next topic

Windows Media Player Plus! - Various enhancements for WMP

Reply #225
Just to prevent any misunderstandings, WMP Plus is fully supported and should work fine on 64-bit Windows Vista/7/8.

Unfortunately, it's currently not possible to completely turn off Party Shuffle. This is intentional because the feature is only really active while the Party Shuffle playlist is playing. If you don't need it then you can just ignore this playlist. But one of the next versions of WMP Plus probably won't recreate the Party Shuffle playlist anymore, so then you will be able to just remove the playlist once.

Reply #226
Just to prevent any misunderstandings, WMP Plus is fully supported and should work fine on 64-bit Windows Vista/7/8.

Unfortunately, it's currently not possible to completely turn off Party Shuffle. This is intentional because the feature is only really active while the Party Shuffle playlist is playing. If you don't need it then you can just ignore this playlist. But one of the next versions of WMP Plus probably won't recreate the Party Shuffle playlist anymore, so then you will be able to just remove the playlist once.

Thanks again for your help and for your great program.

Reply #227
Thank you Tim De Baets for this great plugin. It works great. However, WMP has a really annoying issue with the sorting preferences in its library. The issue is that it does not save a custom sorting preference, so when I close WMP or change the view, it reverts to the default sorting options.
For example, if I’m in the library, in the Album view, and I choose a specific artist, I can see all the albums by that artist sorted alphabetically. I can sort the albums by year if I tick the option “Include release date in default sort order”. The albums are now sorted by release date, from NEWEST to OLDEST. I find this annoying. So if I click on Album column, the albums become sorted from OLDEST to NEWEST. GREAT. Now if I go to another view, say Genre, then go back to Album and choose the artist I was browsing earlier, the albums become sorted from NEWEST to OLDEST again! And this is the case for any other change I make to the sorting. Every time I do a custom sorting (in whichever section of the library) and change the view (or exit WMP), that sorting preference is gone and reverted to the default sorting of WMP.
So, is there a way for the plugin to save and keep these custom sorting preferences? Any chance of an update to include this?
Thanks in advance...

Reply #228
Thank you for the suggestion, but I currently don't have any plans to add such a feature to WMP Plus, mainly because it's not possible for the plug-in to know what the current library view is. If you really want to have a custom sort order for your songs, you could create an auto playlist containing a Sort by condition.

Reply #229
Well thanks anyway

Reply #230
Since installing 2.7  MPP,  WMP is very slow (+15 sec delay) to load/initialise/return input to user on initial load,....and more specifically bringing up the properties for MPP  2.7 plugin is very slow..even a 2nd or 3rd time within same session...

With MPP WMP disabled...no slow down on wmp load....

i had made a custom change in registry  on a earlier version of MPP to change the number of tracks before which MPP stopped showing disc number...in case thats relevant...

WMP 12
Win 7 SP1 64bit

reverting to MPP 2.6...no slow down....

thank you

Reply #231
I went through the changes that were made for version 2.7, but couldn't immediately see anything that could have degraded performance. Are you sure that this isn't happening with version 2.6?

Is it possible that the slowness only occurs when an external program is using WMP, such as Media Center or perhaps something for externally controlling WMP (like from a toolbar)?

With custom registry change, do you mean the IncludeSetMaxItemCount setting? If you set it back to its default value (500), does that help?

Reply #232
I went through the changes that were made for version 2.7, but couldn't immediately see anything that could have degraded performance. Are you sure that this isn't happening with version 2.6?

Is it possible that the slowness only occurs when an external program is using WMP, such as Media Center or perhaps something for externally controlling WMP (like from a toolbar)?

With custom registry change, do you mean the IncludeSetMaxItemCount setting? If you set it back to its default value (500), does that help?

i was back on default reg settings anyways as it happens..
there is 100% correlation of slow down / speed up between 2.7..2.6

it is immediate and consistent...dont think its related to external program due to reproducibility of issue...as well as having no knowledge of external program....
i am also using tag plus..

edit
after it being very consistent over 5 installs and uninstalls...its now slow on 2.6...something else is going on..

edit..no it seems that installing 2.6..is not overwriting 2.7 anymore...

Reply #233
I'll do some testing this week to see if something inadvertently got changed between version 2.6 and 2.7. Will report back here with my findings.

Reply #234
i was back on default reg settings anyways as it happens..
there is 100% correlation of slow down / speed up between 2.7..2.6

Unfortunately, my tests didn't reveal any possible explanation for the slowness that you're experiencing, so I'll need some more info to troubleshoot the issue.

If you completely uninstall both Windows Media Player Plus and WMP Tag Plus, and then only install Windows Media Player Plus 2.7, does the issue still occur?

Do you have any other WMP plug-ins installed? If so, which ones? If you disable or uninstall these, does that help?

Does the issue still occur when booting Windows in Clean Boot mode?

Reply #235
There were about 30 important updates in Tuesday and one of them broke this on my W8.1 x64 install
Right-clicking on song now opens context menu and explorer showing the song at same time.

Reply #236
Indeed, I'm aware of issues with Windows Media Player Plus on Windows 8.1 after installation of the latest Windows Updates. Similar issues have already been reported in the WMP Tag Plus forum thread but they affect Windows Media Player Plus as well. I've nailed the issues down to one of these 5 updates, with the first being the most likely one:

KB3039066
KB3035132
KB3046049
KB3035126
KB3035131

I'll release a new version of Windows Media Player Plus that addresses these issues soon. An announcement will be posted here when the new version is available.

Reply #237
Glad to hear that. I use both of them and they are great addition 

Reply #238
Announcement: Windows Media Player Plus! 2.8 is now available for download. This update fixes broken plug-in functionality on Windows 8.1 after installation of the March 10 KB3035131 security update. There's now also preliminary support for WMP 12 on Windows 10 Technical Preview. Updating is highly recommended.

Reply #239
hi,
an immense thank you is due first, for such a terrific plug in.
could you please enhance the search capabilities of wmpplus so that it searches also in lyrics frames (uslt or sylt) of id3 (or any other equivalent of other standards)?

Reply #240
That's unfortunately not possible, because there isn't any search functionality in the Windows Media Player Plus! plug-in. All the plug-in does is setting the focus to the Search field when you type the first letter. From then on, the search is handled completely by WMP. If you want to search in lyrics then you should probably use a specialized tool like Mp3tag.

Reply #241
ah! right...
thanks anyway!

Reply #242
Can someone please help install Plus! in windows 8.1 ???
Problem: after installing, the next time I open WMP it is back to how it originally was with no
Windows Media Player Plus! functionality. Can someone help me ???

Reply #243
IIRC the plugin is still not compatible with 64-bit version of WMP, so make sure that you run 32-bit WMP.

Reply #244
Problem: after installing, the next time I open WMP it is back to how it originally was with no

Indeed, Windows Media Player Plus! only works in the 32-bit version of WMP (which, as far as I know, is still the default version on 64-bit systems). You should also check if the plug-in is listed in WMP's Tools - Plug-ins menu (press Ctrl+M if you don't see the Tools menu).

Reply #245

Indeed, Windows Media Player Plus! only works in the 32-bit version of WMP (which, as far as I know, is still the default version on 64-bit systems). You should also check if the plug-in is listed in WMP's Tools - Plug-ins menu (press Ctrl+M if you don't see the Tools menu).

Thanks Tim, Thank you!!! I have noticed that my default desktop shortcut for WMP is opening the 64-bit version, so I've put the correct shortcut on my desktop and im away, Cheers. WMPP! is AWESOME

Reply #246
Any possibility to compile a x64 version of the plugin? I prefer x64 player more, because I think it more stable. But now I have to switch to x86 version in order to use the plugin.

I know, this is not the only plugin that doesn't support x64 (e.g. MadVR), but it's better to have an x64 version. That would be convenient.

Reply #247
There are no plans for a 64-bit version of the plug-in. The assumption that x64 is more stable than x86 doesn't make any sense.

Reply #249
Hello Tim!

I found an interesting problem.
I tried to edit some tags with Tag Editor Plus, but it returned me this error code: c00d002b
Sometimes the changes was saved after that, sometimes not.
That happened yesterday, now i can't reproduce the situation.
G9!