Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_sendtodevice (Read 178403 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_sendtodevice

foo_sendtodevice adds to context menu options:

Send to Device/Default
Send to Device/Select...

Default will send the files to the first path in your list, Select will present you the complete list of device paths that you have configured in the preferences under Tools/Send to Device.  Select will also let you optionally export a m3u playlist of the copied items.  Great tool for exporting files to an mp3 player that acts as a USB device.

foo_sendtodevice is available from my foobar2000 components page.
There used to be a link to my website here.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #1
First of all: Thanks, I've been waiting for such a plugin since I have an mp3 Player  .
Unfortunatly it doesn't work for me. I always get the error
Filename eg Paragon - 2003 - The Dark Legacy - 01 - The Legacy cannot be copied: The reported path can't be found.
Make sure that the reported path is correct.

Roughly translated.
BTW I try to copy directly to N:\, but I don't think this matters...

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #2
BTW I try to copy directly to N:\, but I don't think this matters...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=373534"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

with foo_sendtodevice, the path must be in terms of TAGZ...

i.e you probably want to do something like:

Code: [Select]
N:\%artist% - %title%.$ext(%_path%)

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #3
Ah, I see. Sorry, my fault. Thanks for pointing this out.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #4
Code: [Select]
N:\%artist% - %title%.$ext(%_path%)

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=373537"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I guess you should add this to documentation!
Will test it soon. Thank you!

edit: sorry. It's obviously preconfigured.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #5
Maybe it's quite from the different area, but I'd like to have an option to copy to my mobile device either via ActiveSync or Bluetooth.  If it's already implemented somewhere, please point it.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #6
A few suggestions:

-I know that you're supposed to use TAGZ, but could you just have it automatically append the file extension to the end? It's annoying and pointless to have to add $ext(%_path%) every time when there's no good reason NOT to have it.

-Make the devices screen in preferences similar to the way it's done in the album list prefs, including the options to name each device, move them up and down, etc.

-The send to device dialog (minor note: "dialog" could be renamed to "Send to Device") is kind of bulky with that extra frame. Something like the "Send to Playlist..." dialog would look nicer. I also don't see a great need to be able to configure it inside the window itself; it'd be more intuitive just to show the options defined in preferences.

-Even better: Change the context menu item into a dropdown box with each option available, so you can do it in two clicks.

-REALLY MINOR: In accordance with standard windows apps, "Send To Device" should be renamed to "Send to Device..."

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #7
Thanks for the suggestions... I will probably but out a new version with some of them implemented soon...

-The send to device dialog (minor note: "dialog" could be renamed to "Send to Device") is kind of bulky with that extra frame. Something like the "Send to Playlist..." dialog would look nicer. I also don't see a great need to be able to configure it inside the window itself; it'd be more intuitive just to show the options defined in preferences.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=374089"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The main reason I have it as an editable field is that I have a couple different external devices and sometimes depending on what I have plugged in my mp3 will be E:, F: or G: and I dont want to have 3 different devices listed for what essentially is the same device... so I just have it as the most common drive then if I should have a different configuration when I go to use it, I can easily change the drive when runnning it...

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #8
Release 1.0beta2

* 2006-03-23
          o changed "dialog" to Send to Device in Dialog Box
          o changed "send to device" to "send to device..." in context menu
          o add ".$ext(%_path%)" to format string if no period is found

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #9
what does this mean ? :

Failed to load DLL: foo_sendtodevice.dll
Reason: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. 

deleting my foobar2000.cfg did not help (had a backup of course)

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #10
You just need to install .NET FrameWork 2.0

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #11
You just need to install .NET FrameWork 2.0[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377452"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Do i really have to or is there another way to get it to work?

I wanted to give this plugin a try. Usually i transfered the files to my device with the "File Operations" option. But now i recognized that the files are being processed in the order of the filenames (or artist tag?) and not in the order of the playlist number.

But i need the files to be transfered in the order of the playlist number (list index) because my porty doesn't sort alphabeticaly but in the order it recieved the files.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #12
This component needs the C/C++ runtime library for VS8, but not the complete .NET framework.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #13
What about MP3 players that are playsforsure compatible?  I can't find a drive letter for mine using Disk Management or anything.  How would I transfer to one of those?

BTW, it does show up in My Computer, but doesnt have a drive letter
Bostitch vs. Swingline; Choose your stapler wisely.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #14
What about MP3 players that are playsforsure compatible?  I can't find a drive letter for mine using Disk Management or anything.  How would I transfer to one of those?

BTW, it does show up in My Computer, but doesnt have a drive letter
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377633"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

\\DEVICENAME maybe? Just guessing.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #15
I would be so bold and guess that it's not possible. Why would they let you load arbitrary data onto the device, when you can just use Windows Media Player to transfer your music there, which also happens to enforce all their DRM policies? After all, the "Plays for sure" logo doesn't just mean that a device can decode dertain audio formats, but also that it uses Microsoft's DRM technology.

Well, this is merely speculation, so feel free to find a counter-example or other information to prove me wrong.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #16
I would be so bold and guess that it's not possible. Why would they let you load arbitrary data onto the device, when you can just use Windows Media Player to transfer your music there, which also happens to enforce all their DRM policies? After all, the "Plays for sure" logo doesn't just mean that a device can decode dertain audio formats, but also that it uses Microsoft's DRM technology.

Well, this is merely speculation, so feel free to find a counter-example or other information to prove me wrong.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377661"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That would be bad news bears right there.  There a lot more playsforsure compatible devices, so hopefully someone will hack it sometime soon.  It sucks considering I use Foobar for all my music needs, and I dont want to have to use WMP for syncing songs to it 
Bostitch vs. Swingline; Choose your stapler wisely.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #17
The latest winamp seems to support 'playsforsure' devices.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #18
This component needs the C/C++ runtime library for VS8, but not the complete .NET framework.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377525"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Are they linked in the forums?

Or is there a way using the "file operations" option the way i want to use it? Is it permanently set to sort by filename (or artist?)? I don't understand why 0.9 acts like this. In 0.8.3 with "masstagger -> rename, move or copy files" the files where moved in the order they appeared in the playlist. Was there a discussion to change this in 0.9?

<edit>deleted useless link and altered the question</edit>

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #19
The latest winamp seems to support 'playsforsure' devices.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377730"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It would be nice to know how they do it, and if it involves licensing technology from Microsoft.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #20
It would be nice to know how they do it, and if it involves licensing technology from Microsoft.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377782"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

As long as they can play DRM protected files the answer is yes. As part of the licence agreement you receive a stublib that you need to link to when using WM format toolkit.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #21
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Finally someone was able to provide me a link:
[a href="http://music.morbo.org/wiki/misc:vc2005_crt]http://music.morbo.org/wiki/misc:vc2005_crt[/url]
(direct link: http://music.morbo.org/download/Microsoft.VC80.CRT.7z )

PlugIn works fine here but if the porty is sorting alphabetically, you may have a problem: %list_index% is not supported. In this case you have to stick with the build-in "File operations"-tool.

It's annoying and pointless to have to add $ext(%_path%) every time when there's no good reason NOT to have it.

Agreed...

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #22
I'm very pleased with this plugin.
It was so slow searching for my music and drag and drop it from Windows Explorer.

I just have one suggestion:

Could you make a Check option named 'Don't ask for device again' please.

I have made my mp3 player to load automatically on an assigned drive letter. So I just don't need to tell it everytime where I want to upload my music.

Obviously you can make later an option on the Preferences panel if I wan't again to ask me again where I should copy my files.

Thank you.

Edit: Typos.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #23
Why is the destination TAGZ script limited in length? It seems that you can't enter a script that exceeds the boundaries of that "destination:" textbox. Could you please fix this?

I'm trying to use
"L:\sounds\%album artist%-%album%\%tracknumber%-%title%.$ext(%_path%)" as output but it's a couple of characters too long.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #24
Release 1.0.3 -

Bug fixes

* maximized the input length for the path

New features

* now two send to device options "Send to device/default" and "Send to device/Select" - default will send to the first item in your list of paths

As always you can grab it from my foobar2000 components page: http://wiki.bowron.us/index.php/Foobar2000

EDIT: Note that if you are upgrading, you may need to reset your context menu in the context menu preferences for the options to show up correctly.