Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TOS #14] TrustedAudio.com -- secure, watermarked audio delivery platform (Read 1212 times) previous topic - next topic

[TOS #14] TrustedAudio.com -- secure, watermarked audio delivery platform

Dear all,

I post this in the hope that this piece of news will be relevant for musicians and people from the audio and music recording industry.

We've just launched TrustedAudio.com - a secure, watermarked audio delivery platform.
TrustedAudio is a web-based service designed to address anti-piracy needs of individual musicians, composers, labels, studios and various music and audio professionals (and especially those, who are less into “computer science” and more into their profession).

For your convenience, here is a short description of the service: “TrustedAudio is a professional web-based tool that provides an easy and reliable way to share, deliver, and distribute audio files securely by means of watermarking and digital signing. Simply log in, upload your audio files, fill in the recipients’ info, and send the files! All recipients receive their own uniquely and inaudibly watermarked (“digitally signed”) copy of each distributed audio file. Unique watermarks are embedded into every audio file copy delivered to each individual recipient. Records of each watermark, together with the file and the recipient info associated with it, are securely stored in the TA database, enabling the file owner to identify and back-trace delivered copies at any time, instantly and reliably”. You can find a much more detailed description here:  http://trustedaudio.com/about

The service is based on a proprietary audio-watermarking technology.

It is quite unique service considering the options and features it provides. I don’t want to bother you by listing all its various features, you can take a look at the main page or at the service description. All I want to say is that it offers a number of unique features such as an ability to sign the files with publicly retrievable signatures which should serve music authors as an independent proof-of-authorship mean.

We’ve just opened the service for public registration and you're invited to register. Each new user earns a free bonus of credit points upon registration, so each newly registered account comes “pre-charged”. The service is now running in beta-testing mode, so every even short feedback is very important (please use the Feedback form on the web-site).

The web-site: TrustedAudio.com

---
A short disclaimer: Taking into account the high level of professionalism of HA visitors in the field of audio, I perfectly know that there will be skeptical feedbacks and replies with regard to the use of watermarking, its aural transparency, applicability, etc. Being a sound professional myself, I anticipate this kind of reaction from some people and I'm not going to argufy, so please let us not dispute regarding the use of watermarking as a concept. TrustedAudio is a tool for those who need it, and let me assure you that we will gladly receive your feedback which aims to fix/improve/extend the features.

Happy surfing!

P.S. If the moderators will find this interesting, I'll be glad to see this topic pinned among the news/announcements on the main page. Thanks in any case!