Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC+MAC+TAG+PAR2 (Read 65312 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC+MAC+TAG+PAR2

Reply #25
Working flawlessly here in WinXP environment.
That's good to hear.  I thought it should, but it's nice to hear confirmation.  Thanks.

I successfully added GENRE and YEAR tags by inserting the following command line in EAC:

Code: [Select]
/c C:\Batchfiles\eac-enc.bat %o  %s  %d  "%a"  "%g" "%m"  "%y"
<snip>
I'm glad to see someone making some use

APE 2.0 tags are correctly created and fully integrated in Foobar v.0.83.
What could be the procedure for inserting a COMMENT Tag?
The comment field from EAC can be passed using the %e parameter. Add it to EAC's command line options as you have done the genre (%6) and year (%7) fields, and then use it in the Tag command line (in eac-post.bat) like:

... --artist %4 --album %5 --comment %8  -f "CUESHEET=...

If you want to just add a "static" comment you can just do:

... --artist %4 --album %5 --comment "Archived by Treefingers"  -f "CUESHEET=...

... to the Tag line.

If you want to get the comment text from a text file, e.g.: an album review, then use Tag's -f switch:

... --artist %4 --album %5 -f "comment=C:\Music\Pixies\Doolittle Review.txt" -f "CUESHEET=...

I think that covers every usage I can think of...

And, I am absolutely no programmer / compiler etc... but I hope to have soon FLAC and/or WAVPACK versions of this pattern!! 
With regard to WavPack - it may be worth taking a look (if you haven't already, I only added it a day or so ago) at this section of the guide, which deals with renaming hybrid files in Wavpack and correction files in OptimFrog.

If you have too many problems post back here and I'll either do them or help out.  It's more fun if you try for yourself though.

I have actually been toying with two different "projects" relating to this.

1.  Adapting eac-enc.bat so that it picks the encoder depending on the file extension used in EAC's Compression Options dialogue.  E.g.: if the user has entered .flac the batch file would encode with FLAC, use FLAC's cuesheet tag to store the cuesheet, and get Tag to use FLAC's native tag scheme.  With WavPack and OptimFrog DualStream it would sort out the secondary files also. etc. etc.

2.  I am thinking of writing a quick How To of EAC parameter and batch file parameter manipulation. I.e.: passing EAC parameters to a batch file and how you can get every ounce if information from the values passed to do whatever you want in your batch files.  I found out since writing my batch files that you can get the filesize very easily (e.g.: to display the filesize of the temporary WAV file use ECHO %~z2.  I was wondering whether it may be useful to use the filesize of the APE file somehow with PAR2, to get best efficiency when deciding on blocksize.

I think some of the techniques I have used may be useful for other people who want to automate their archiving.  MAREO is always an option for most people's requirements, but batch files are always going to be more flexible and adaptable for those who want even more.

Thank you very much, Synthetic Soul
Thank you for taking an interest 

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']Edit: spelling[/span]

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']Edit 2005-01-13: Updated URL to blueyonder address[/span]
I'm on a horse.

EAC+MAC+TAG+PAR2

Reply #26
There's a small problem occured, while testing. The Album name was "Ambient 1: Music for Airports". When eac-post.bat starts, it waits for LOG:
Waiting for "Ambient 1: Music for Airports.log" to be created...

But filenames in Windows can't be with ":", so EAC creates "Ambient 1  Music For Airports.log"
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks very much for the info aSceT - I hadn't considered that in my example code 

I have now changed the [a href="http://www.neilpopham.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/cd_backup.html#logfile]"Add The EAC Log File As a Comment Tag"[/url] section, to use updated code to remedy this.

The code now takes the album name, appends ".log", and replaces various illegal characters in the string with spaces - as EAC does.

I have tested the new example code with the album name you mention (is that Brian Eno?) and it worked a charm.

NB: This oversight doesn't effect the core batch files obviously, as the only filenames used are those are passed by EAC, and cannot be invalid.  Part of the reason I hadn't spotted this myself is that I didn't pursue this code as it couldn't be done automatically, and therefore was removed from the core scripts.

Again, thanks for the feedback - sorry for the error.

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']Edit 2005-01-13: Updated URL to blueyonder address[/span]
I'm on a horse.

EAC+MAC+TAG+PAR2

Reply #27
Apologies for bumping this thread.  I just wanted to update it, as it seems to have ended up as my own personal blog describing my journey toward backing up my CD collection!

For those who are interested in the system described in this thread please read the following posts on another thread in this forum, which relate to version 2 of my system, and the one that I have personally implemented.I may update the guide at some time to reflect these new batch files, but in the meantime this thread will have to do.

Update 2: The guide has now been updated!  The new guide details exactly how I am currently backing up my CD collection (around 200 down).

I'm on a horse.

EAC+MAC+TAG+PAR2

Reply #29
Using EAC V0.95b4.

With the options setup as described in SyntheticSoul's latest guide EAC is not producing the temporary version of the file to be compressed, but is passing the name of a temp file to the batch files.    Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution??

Cheers. 

EAC+MAC+TAG+PAR2

Reply #30
Firstly, I should take this opportunity to point out that I no longer use the batch files.  Just over a year ago I switched to WavPack, and shortly after started using REACT.

I'm not sure that I understand your problem, but I believe that my batch files will have problems with EAC v0.95b4.

Since this release EAC has been naming the cuesheet file differently.  The batch files are expecting "<name>.<extension>.cue", while the latest EAC creates "<name>.cue".

You may be able to solve this by replacing all occurences of "%~dp3%~n1%~x3.cue" with "%~dp3%~n1.cue".

However, the best option may be to switch to REACT as well.

Apart from using WavPack, I have REACT doing exactly the same thing that my batch files did.  The main benefit is that REACT deals with filename-friendly strings more robustly, and also makes the config files (which are essentially batch files) a lot easier to read and maintain.
I'm on a horse.

EAC+MAC+TAG+PAR2

Reply #31
I have just tested, and can confirm that changing line 32 in eac-post.bat to:

SET tagCommand=%pathToTag% --ape2 --artist %4 --album %5 -f "CUESHEET=%~dp3%~n1.cue" "%~dp3%~n1%~x3"

... does work with EAC 0.95b4.

Take a look at the new REACT 2 though.

Edit: I have updated the batchfiles on the site.  They should now work with both 0.95b4 and earlier versions.  Here's the main update:

REM =======================================================
REM  Detirmine cuesheet filename
REM  EAC 0.95b4 uses "<name>.cue"
REM  while previous versions used "<name>.<extension>.cue"
REM =======================================================
IF EXIST "%~dp3%~n1%~x3.cue" SET cuesheet=%~dp3%~n1%~x3.cue
IF EXIST "%~dp3%~n1.cue" SET cuesheet=%~dp3%~n1.cue

REM ========================================
REM  Add cuesheet to APE file using TAG.EXE
REM ========================================
SET tagCommand=%pathToTag% --ape2 --artist %4 --album %5 -f "CUESHEET=%cuesheet%" "%~dp3%~n1%~x3"

The script will look for "<name>.<extension>.cue" and "<name>.cue" and use whichever is there (preferring "<name>.cue" over "<name>.<extension>.cue").
I'm on a horse.

EAC+MAC+TAG+PAR2

Reply #32
Discussion regarding Case's Tag moved to this thread.
I'm on a horse.