Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Easiest way to batch remove total tracks e.g. 1/10? (Read 7786 times) previous topic - next topic

Easiest way to batch remove total tracks e.g. 1/10?

I'm wondering if there is an easy way to remove the total tracks out of files?

Most of my files simply have the track number, but some of them have say 1 of 10. I just want to remove the of 10 part, while leaving the track number alone. Is there an easy way to do this?

Reply #1
MP3Tag or Foobar should be able to do it easily.

Reply #2
I'm wondering if there is an easy way to remove the total tracks out of files?
[...]

Drop all files in a foobar2000 playlist. Make sure all tracks are selected (ctrl+a), right-click on them and select Properties.

In the Metadata list, right-click on Total Tracks and select Remove.

That's it.

Reply #3
I managed to remove the total tracks field. But I have some where the TRACK field has 1/10 in it?

Is there a simple way to remove the /10 but leave the 1?

I did a whole heap manually, but it would be great to know if there is an automated way to do this.

Reply #4
You can do this in MP3TAG. Just click the autonumbering wizard, make sure you check reset counter for each directory and leading zeros for tracknumbers if you want 01, 02 if not leave it unchecked.

Reply #6
I managed to remove the total tracks field. But I have some where the TRACK field has 1/10 in it?

Aren't 'total track' tags and track tags formatted as 1/10 the same? I thought that the total number of tracks is the number after '/' in the track tag

Reply #7
Foobar has great tagging features
:Foobar 2000:
:MPC --standard:
:iRiver H320 Rockboxed:

Reply #8

Aren't 'total track' tags and track tags formatted as 1/10 the same? I thought that the total number of tracks is the number after '/' in the track tag

I believe this is right, I guess some people prefer track number and total tracks separate. For MP3 the standard way is #/##, if I'm not mistaken. It should be correctly displayed when playing back on your dap ie... track number when playing 01, instead 01/10 for example.

Reply #9
I believe this is right, I guess some people prefer track number and total tracks separate. For MP3 the standard way is #/##, if I'm not mistaken. It should be correctly displayed when playing back on your dap ie... track number when playing 01, instead 01/10 for example.
Why not import into foobar, sort by track-number, select all the 1/10 tracks and change to 1 in properties, etc.?
lossyWAV -q X -a 4 -s h -A --feedback 2 --limit 15848 --scale 0.5 | FLAC -5 -e -p -b 512 -P=4096 -S- (having set foobar to output 24-bit PCM; scaling by 0.5 gives the ANS headroom to work)

Reply #10
Why not import into foobar, sort by track-number, select all the 1/10 tracks and change to 1 in properties, etc.?

That is another option, tho with MP3Tag it is automated.

Reply #11
Add all of the songs to a playlist in foobar.  Select all, right-click, and choose Properties.  Once you're there, right-click 'Track Number' and choose 'Format from Other Fields...'  Now, in the 'Format' box type: $num(%tracknumber%,2)

Also make sure to delete the 'Total tracks' field.

Re: Easiest way to batch remove total tracks e.g. 1/10?

Reply #12
So this was a post from 2008...
..which proved to be really useful to me

But then I wonder, in 2016, is there anything more simple?