Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to use latest FLAC 1.4.2 with eac3to? (Read 1854 times) previous topic - next topic

How to use latest FLAC 1.4.2 with eac3to?

Hi
The default FLAC version in eac3to (v3.36) is 1.2.1 which is very old. I would like to use the latest 1.4.2 (downloaded from https://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/xiph/releases/flac/) but it crashes with eac3to (used 32-bit version of FLAC).

Ofcourse, I can demux the audio track using eac3to and then convert it to WAV to use the FLAC 1.4.2 binary CLI to get what I need. But I would like to use the latest FLAC encoder alongwith eac3to.

As eac3to was developed decades ago, I really wonder if it's compatible with latest FLAC. Pls let me know if it's not compatible, what was the last version of FLAC that works with eac3to.
I vaguely remember using 1.3.3 alongwith eac3to but I can't find its binary for Windows.

Appreciate any help, thanks!!  :)

Re: How to use latest FLAC 1.4.2 with eac3to?

Reply #1
The RareWares compiles seem to work okay. I ran a very brief test on both win32 and win32-nonXP.
You need to rename the file from libFLAC_dynamic.dll to libFLAC.dll
The win32 compile is linked to 4 additional dll files so all 5 files are required.
Only one file is required when using the win32-nonXP compile.
korth

Re: How to use latest FLAC 1.4.2 with eac3to?

Reply #2
The RareWares compiles seem to work okay. I ran a very brief test on both win32 and win32-nonXP.
You need to rename the file from libFLAC_dynamic.dll to libFLAC.dll
The win32 compile is linked to 4 additional dll files so all 5 files are required.
Only one file is required when using the win32-nonXP compile.

Thank you korth :) It worked great straight away!