Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar 2k for Android restarts tracks rather than continuing to play. (Read 1128 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar 2k for Android restarts tracks rather than continuing to play.

Hi,

New member here using Foobar on a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 5G running Android 11,  OneUI 3.1.  I currently only listen to music via Bluetooth when in the car travelling to and from work.  On restarting the car to drive home, whatever track was playing when the car was switched off restarts from the beginning rather than where it was paused.  This isn't such an annoyance when it is a single track off an album of individual songs but I have recently started listening to some old DJ mixes (over 2 hours long in some cases) which are recorded as one track and stored as FLAC or MP3 files on a microSD card.  Potentially it could be 40 or 50 minutes in to the mix but as soon as the car is started it's gone back to the beginning.  Does anyone know if this is a limitation of the software or if there could be another reason for this behaviour?  I can't seem to see any references in the settings and my music streaming services such as Tidal, Qobuz, Apple Music and Spotify are not affected.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Re: Foobar 2k for Android restarts tracks rather than continuing to play.

Reply #1
This is a limitation in the software. It stops when Bluetooth is disconnected instead of pausing.

Re: Foobar 2k for Android restarts tracks rather than continuing to play.

Reply #2
Yes, and my feature request is to make pausing as an alternative.  Obviously a software change.  At least one other Android player pauses.  But Foobar has much better features in other ways.