Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: $100-$150 Speaker Setup (Read 2015 times) previous topic - next topic

$100-$150 Speaker Setup

I don't think I can get a decent 5.1 system for $100/$150, so let's keep this to 2.1 for now. What I plan on doing is spending $100 on a pair of decent bookshelf speakers, and another $100 on a sub. This will be used for gaming/movies/music (mainly music though). I do not have a TV/reciever either. What route do you guys suggest I go?

FYI, I have optical out and AC97 chipset on a Abit IC7. And access to an older Audigy 1.

$100-$150 Speaker Setup

Reply #1
I don't think I can get a decent 5.1 system for $100/$150, so let's keep this to 2.1 for now. What I plan on doing is spending $100 on a pair of decent bookshelf speakers, and another $100 on a sub. This will be used for gaming/movies/music (mainly music though). I do not have a TV/reciever either. What route do you guys suggest I go?

FYI, I have optical out and AC97 chipset on a Abit IC7. And access to an older Audigy 1.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=265660"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The Logitech Z2200 are good 2.1 (400 watts). I think there discontinued but you might be able to find them on the internet. They do seem to have an issue with to with hiss, hum if you have more than just your wave and master volume open. Mute the other stuff.

I think it's Klipshe that makes a 400 watt 2.1 system (basic model) for about a $100 also.