Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MIT Reverb Survey (Read 2919 times) previous topic - next topic

MIT Reverb Survey

Hi everyone! I'm part of a team at MIT working on a new method for synthesizing reverb with deep neural networks. We'd really appreciate it if you (as audio experts!) could take this survey with a few audio examples, and let us know what you think. The survey takes about 5-7m and is anonymized. Thank you in advance!

Re: MIT Reverb Survey

Reply #1
Hi everyone! I'm part of a team at MIT working on a new method for synthesizing reverb with deep neural networks. We'd really appreciate it if you (as audio experts!) could take this survey with a few audio examples, and let us know what you think. The survey takes about 5-7m and is anonymized. Thank you in advance!

I listened to all of the examples and I thought none of them sounded like the space they were supposedly in. The worst of them are the last 2. The few outside (sand and snow) are NOTHING like I would expect in the real world. The singer is in a small low quality sound booth and the 'size' of the reverb does not match the size of the image.

Reply #2
Thanks for taking the time to do the survey and for your feedback!

Reply #3
I found one of the vocalist samples a bit tricky since I could hear what sounded like room reverb even in the most subtle case, that natural reverb may be present in the original recording. Might want to check on that.

Reply #4
There seems to be a bug in the survey. Selecting 1 as a match is seen as having not selected an answer

Reply #5
Thanks to all that have completed the survey!!

I found one of the vocalist samples a bit tricky since I could hear what sounded like room reverb even in the most subtle case, that natural reverb may be present in the original recording. Might want to check on that.

Thank you for the feedback there!

There seems to be a bug in the survey. Selecting 1 as a match is seen as having not selected an answer

This might be an issue from taking the survey on iOS, someone else reported something similar, but we are looking into it and thanks again for completing the survey. :]

Reply #6
I found that selecting 1 requires moving the slider to another spot and then to 1. It then had a black outline instead of gray.

Reply #7
Maybe as a suggestion for that, the sliders should have a default value of 0, and both the local validation and server side could verify that an answer is not the default of 0.