Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Digital audio location on disk and export text (Read 938 times) previous topic - next topic

Digital audio location on disk and export text

I tried this program and it almost does all I need.
My music is on my hard disks and some tracks are stored multiple times..
For duplicate tracks I d like to see the location on disk in foobar

It seems as if the location is not stored in Foobar, is this something that will be added in the future or is there a plugin handling this (I haven't found one) or any other solution?

I also like to export the albums and tracks and location to a a csv file so I can see in this file which tracks are stored multiple times and need to be deleted. Once again I haven't found an plugin enabling this, any solution?
regards

Re: Digital audio location on disk and export text

Reply #1
"duplicate tracks", ... fb2k is not a duplicate finder.

What is it that you need, that you don't get out of the following:
 * Put all into a playlist
 * right-click playlist, and save it
?

Reply #2
I know it is not a duplicate finder but I have saved some albums on more than one disk..
If the file location is saved in fb2k and can be exported that would be a solution to see what is saves multiple times.
I do not need that fb2k finds the duplicate , only store the file location and give ma an export possibility.

Reply #4
Sorry, I did not test that yet and indeed, the info is there.
Thanks.
Is there a way I can import this playlist file in excel?

Reply #5
Is there a way I can import this playlist file in excel?
m3u8 files are basically text files, one track entry per line. If right-click ->Open with and selecting Excel doesn't work, then just open it in a text editor (Notepad if you have nothing better - Notepad++ is better!). Or you can rename it to .txt if that helps you.

Reply #6
Hi there,

File location is shown with %path% field. You could use Text Tools component to copy info to clipboard.

See Help menu > Title Formatting Help for more about fields and functions. For example you could make a playlist column showing the drive letter -

Code: [Select]
$left(%path%,3)

^ shows "E:\"

Cheers