Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Not My Release] ELPlaylist (Read 524028 times) previous topic - next topic

[Not My Release] ELPlaylist

Reply #925
no, you cannot arbitrarily insert extra rows in the middle of a group. IIRC,you can add extra lines at the end of the group and even draw in that space by messing around with $setworldtransform function. also, you can modify the row height so you can fit 2 (or more) lines of text in a single row.

edit: row height might be configurable dependent on title formatting so if it is, you should be able to achieve an effect to match what you were asking for. i don't have the component to check though.

i don't really know about ELplaylist subgroups so i'll leave that for someone else.

Reply #926
Seems %el_row_height% is what I need to modify. Though, can't seem to do much in track list script area. Guess I just don't know the correct syntax. Anyone with an idea, please post.

Reply #927
i did a google image search and found a screenshot of the grouping tab in the settings. the row height is fixed for all rows so what i was thinking is not possible.

you could still adjust the row height and have 2 rows of text on some rows depending on title formatting.

Reply #928
you could still adjust the row height and have 2 rows of text on some rows depending on title formatting.

That would be excellent alternative, but as said, not sure of correct syntax. If you get any idea about it, please let me know!

In the mean time, have one quick question about $gettextwidth() and lack of consistency in spacing.

http://i.imgur.com/Uft65Ib.png

Code: [Select]
$drawtextex($lower(%title%),35,0,$sub(%el_width%,80),%el_height%,$get(text_color),vcenter end_ellipsis)
$drawtextex(| testtesttest,$add(40,$gettextwidth(%title%)),0,100,%el_height%,100-100-200,left vcenter end_ellipsis)

After some titles the spacing is longer, after some other, shorter. Any way to have it consistent throughout the whole album?

Reply #929
In the mean time, have one quick question about $gettextwidth() and lack of consistency in spacing.

http://i.imgur.com/Uft65Ib.png

$drawtextex($lower(%title%),35,0,$sub(%el_width%,80),%el_height%,$get(text_color),vcenter end_ellipsis)
$drawtextex(| testtesttest,$add(40,$gettextwidth(%title%)),0,100,%el_height%,100-100-200,left vcenter end_ellipsis)

After some titles the spacing is longer, after some other, shorter. Any way to have it consistent throughout the whole album?

It may be that some titles have an extra space at the end making the spacing longer. Check those in the properties dialog.

Reply #930
Not that for sure, no spaces at the end. Thought it might've something with spaces within the title, but these discrepancies are happening with one-word titles as well.

Reply #931

Reply #933
Unfortunately, no change at all. Already using Calibri, 8, and specifying that with $gettextwidth() does nothing. At least I haven't noticed any change. Still spacing issues are present.

A bit better image to show the beginning and end of title.

$drawtextex($lower(%title%),35,0,$gettextwidth(%title%,Calibri,8,),%el_height%,$get(text_color),vcenter end_ellipsis)
$drawrect(35,0,$gettextwidth(%title%,Calibri,8,),%el_height%,0-50-50-125,,)
$drawtextex(| $gettextwidth(%title%,Calibri,8,),$add(35,$gettextwidth(%title%,Calibri,8,)),0,100,%el_height%,100-100-200,vcenter end_ellipsis)

Reply #934
Unfortunately, no change at all. Already using Calibri, 8, and specifying that with $gettextwidth() does nothing. At least I haven't noticed any change. Still spacing issues are present.

A bit better image to show the beginning and end of title.

$drawtextex($lower(%title%),35,0,$gettextwidth(%title%,Calibri,8,),%el_height%,$get(text_color),vcenter end_ellipsis)
$drawrect(35,0,$gettextwidth(%title%,Calibri,8,),%el_height%,0-50-50-125,,)
$drawtextex(| $gettextwidth(%title%,Calibri,8,),$add(35,$gettextwidth(%title%,Calibri,8,)),0,100,%el_height%,100-100-200,vcenter end_ellipsis)

I think Marc had your answer earlier while I was guessing and searching. Try changing all instances of (%title%,Calibri,8,) to ($lower(%title%,Calibri,8,))

Reply #935
That seems to be....it!

Thank you much, kind people.

Reply #936
How to make it follow active playlist or a specific playlist?? it always follow now playing playlist

Reply #937
you must have changed the defaults. it's always followed the active playlist for me. right click>Settings and check everything or it might even be a separate entry on the context menu. it's been so long since i used it...

Reply #938
you must have changed the defaults. it's always followed the active playlist for me. right click>Settings and check everything or it might even be a separate entry on the context menu. it's been so long since i used it...

Okkk took forever to find it
right click>Settings  Behavior tab > context menu: playlist >tick "show"

Reply #939
I downloaded a custom skin which uses ELPlaylist. I noticed that if I keep the pseudo-transparent option on, the scrolling of the playlist is awfully slow. Is there a way to make it transparent, but with a far faster scrolling?

Reply #940
perhaps you have an old or some low powered device?? open task manager and see how much cpu usage spikes when you scroll.

Reply #941
You're everywhere , thanks for your prompt reply. Well, my system is quite good:

Intel Core I7 3610QM 2.3 GHz
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
Windows 7 x64

When I quickly scroll the playlist with the mouse wheel, with pseudo-transparent Background enabled, the foobar2000 process uses up to 13% of CPU. The problem is that it seems to be very inefficient.
When I quickly scroll the playlist with the mouse wheel, with pseudo-transparent Background disabled, the foobar2000 process uses up to 3% of CPU, and it is way smoother when scrolling.
Version of ELPlaylist is 0.6.9.1.2 (beta). I really need a transparent playlist, so I hope there is a solution for this.

Reply #942
Maybe it has to do with the glow effect used in the functions? For example:

glow_aa,outline%TEXT.SHADOW%-20

is being used in many parts of the code so that fonts are easily readable with certain types of backgrounds. I've read here that glow is quite heavy for the cpu:

http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title...list)#Style_Tab

Moreover, someone suggests to use drawtextex instead of drawstring:

http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title...awing_functions

What do you think?

Reply #943
from the link you posted....

GDI functions are usually faster, but they do not allow alpha blending and shadow effects (glow).

as for solutions, i have no idea. 

Reply #944
OK, after my eyeballs drop out of sockets from looking at posts I give up... here's the questions from tired noob:

what am I doing wrong as I am unable to change background color in EL panel from white to black...

settings:

result:

here's Colours and Fonts screen:

any help is appreciated

Reply #945
Are you sure that's EL playlist? That looks a lot like NG playlist.

Reply #946
I think disabling Pseudo-transparent Background is necessary for the total background to be black. But this won't show where there are playlist items displayed since these are set to be on a white background (odd / even item). Fiddle with these settings and I am sure you will understand it.

Reply #947
Thanks, will do my best 

Reply #948
Well, after unsuccesful fiddling, problem solved by reinstalling component.

Reply #949
So I'm using a custom skin that primarily uses ELPlaylist and I was curious about the group header settings (under the script tab). As it is now if you have a set of tracks grouped together (by album, for example) and you add the genre info to the header, the genre that appears in the header is only taken from the tags of the first track in the list. So if, for example, all of the tracks were tagged as 'Rock' but the second track was tagged 'Electronic', that 'Electronic' tag wouldn't appear in the header. Is there a way to make the genre info in the header a cumulation of the tags from all of the tracks, rather than just the first?

Hopefully I've explained it correctly. No doubt this is an obscure issue that most people don't have to deal with but I figured I would ask in case there was a solution.