Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Home stereo display (Read 266718 times) previous topic - next topic

Home stereo display

Reply #300
Thanks again russel for helping me shrink foobar some more. Loving this code and have been with it since day one and will be with it til the end (although I dont see how more perfect you can get it.

Currently looking for buttons that resemble a stereo setup if I find or design them I'll upload them. That being said there is a button set called Artless in the custom Buttons Thread that fit the bill quite well
My Name is Sean and I'm here to leech off your genius.

Home stereo display

Reply #301
@Stuart60611

Thanks for the explanation of mood tagging. I fear I have a job on my hands tagging the mood of my 19,000+ music files *sigh* Thanks though I really like the idea

Home stereo display

Reply #302
Finaly,there's a first theme for V 1.8 by BiNiaRiS see the first post under "Themes"
Favourite artist:CD-R
Favourite album:700MB

Home stereo display

Reply #303
I've been following this display from the beginning and thanks for the great work. 
The only thing I've missed are the little indicators between the track number and time.  there are three of them and I can't get them to turn on.  I can't even see the TRACK one?

Any help?

- FLAC/200GB external
- AAC 128 vbr/local
- iPod Nano 2G 8GB

Home stereo display

Reply #304
I've been following this display from the beginning and thanks for the great work. 
The only thing I've missed are the little indicators between the track number and time.  there are three of them and I can't get them to turn on.  I can't even see the TRACK one?

Any help?

you need this, http://foobar.bowron.us/foo_cwb_hooks.zip

Home stereo display

Reply #305
DELETED

Home stereo display

Reply #306
@Stuart60611

Thanks for the explanation of mood tagging. I fear I have a job on my hands tagging the mood of my 19,000+ music files *sigh* Thanks though I really like the idea

I hear you on how onerous the task is to now go and assign mood to your whole collection.  However, you will be surprised how quickly you will compile this data as you listen to your collection.  I have several suggestions on how to make this job a little easier. 

First, I would create buttons for both rating and mood with separate buttons for each category assigned to a masstagger script to assign the values so that you can quickly do this for the now playing track.  You can see how I did this in the appearance thread (link on prior page of this thread). 

Second, I often operate foobar with a Streamzap remote control and girder.    I have my rating and mood masstagger scripts assigned to buttons on the remote (1-5 for rating and 7-9 for mood).  I also have the pretty pop-up display (bound to another another button on the remote) configured to show hudge text upon activation and so that line 1 is artist, line 2 is title, line 3 is rating, and line 4 is mood.  This way I can be siting on the couch listening to music, hit a key on the remote to see what is playing in big text via pretty pop up which is viewable from my couch showing the artist, title, rating, and mood of the now playing track;  then assign a rating and mood values for the now playing track via the remote; and see the data being correctly added to the track in real time via the big text pretty pop up display.  This takes a lot of the pain out of the process.

The Streamzap remote costs about $30 usd and girder about same.

(Note:  The explanation of the rating and mood tags can be found on the prior page of this thread.)

Home stereo display

Reply #307
First, I would create buttons for both rating and mood with separate buttons for each category assigned to a masstagger script to assign the values so that you can quickly do this for the now playing track.

already done, my pedigree chum, just looking for half decent button images. Thanks again for the explanation as Its gonna help me build a few playlists which Ive never been big on in the past

Home stereo display

Reply #308
Hey Russell,

Updates look great.  However, I noticed a couple of things that might need changing.  The "CBR" flag wasn't removed when "LOSSLESS" files like FLAC are played.  It still shows both "LOSSLESS" and "CBR".  Also, in the box with bitrate, filesize, etc., I noticed that the fonts don't display properly for the "UCM", plus it would make sense to not show the "%" when displaying "UCM".

Home stereo display

Reply #309
Hey Russell,

Updates look great.  However, I noticed a couple of things that might need changing.  The "CBR" flag wasn't removed when "LOSSLESS" files like FLAC are played.  It still shows both "LOSSLESS" and "CBR".  Also, in the box with bitrate, filesize, etc., I noticed that the fonts don't display properly for the "UCM", plus it would make sense to not show the "%" when displaying "UCM".

Thanks for a reminder,i completely forgot about those issues,will be fixed soon.
Here's a little Hi Fi buttons fcb that look great with the home stereo panel as my way to say i'm sorry.

Hi Fi buttons

EDIT The issues mentioned by kockroach had been fixed,i uploaded a new archive please update.

Home stereo display

Reply #310
Thanks for the quick fix, Russell!  Looks great!

Home stereo display

Reply #311
The themes section for V 1.8 moved to post #3.Now including amazing theme by vader897
Note:All themes for V 1.8 are compatible with V 1.7.X but not backwards.
I also uploaded a new archive of V 1.7.3 MICRO with few cosmetic fixes.Enjoy 

Home stereo display

Reply #312
i was wondering if it is possible to center the micro panel based on the trackinfo panel's width

right now its current aligned absolutely according to the left side of the panel

id like to have it center the contents of the display as you adjust the panels width

so if its possible id appreciate it

thanks
Sword

Home stereo display

Reply #313
Gday, Russell
I was wondering how I would go about changing the fonts used.  I did a bit of poking around and could not work out how I could change the fonts in the themes section. 

If its not to much trouble could you please implement a way for the fonts to be changed in the themes section so that themes using different fonts can be distibuted with ease.

I noticed in the main settings 'alt font' etc but could now work out what these did.

Have a good day

Home stereo display

Reply #314
i was wondering if it is possible to center the micro panel based on the trackinfo panel's width

right now its current aligned absolutely according to the left side of the panel

id like to have it center the contents of the display as you adjust the panels width

so if its possible id appreciate it

thanks
Sword

Already thought about it,it will be implemented over the next few days.

Gday, Russell
I was wondering how I would go about changing the fonts used. I did a bit of poking around and could not work out how I could change the fonts in the themes section.

If its not to much trouble could you please implement a way for the fonts to be changed in the themes section so that themes using different fonts can be distibuted with ease.

I noticed in the main settings 'alt font' etc but could now work out what these did.

Have a good day

Like you said there's a variable named "alt_font" that sets costum font for title-artist-album section,you can copy it from the "definitions0" section into your theme definitions,for complete explanation about the variables see the "Instructions.txt" (included in the archive)

Home stereo display

Reply #315
For anyone interested, I created a new panel to go along with the home stereo display to display playlist information.

Home stereo display

Reply #316
Could you post the code for the panel??

Home stereo display

Reply #317

i could, but I thought it was easier just to create an archive for both panels b/c you also need the new images.  The link I posted on this thread provides a download location.  Let me know if that does not work for you, and I can post or send you the code and images.

Home stereo display

Reply #318

i could, but I thought it was easier just to create an archive for both panels b/c you also need the new images.  The link I posted on this thread provides a download location.  Let me know if that does not work for you, and I can post or send you the code and images.
Sorry, I didn't notice the download link.

Home stereo display

Reply #319
Now that I've updated to foobar .9.4 the home stereo code displays VBR files as CBR

EDIT. It seems to have this problem when it detects if the MP3 was encoded by Lame. It first displays as a VBR MP3 but when it changes to LAME MP3 it also changes the VBR display to CBR

Home stereo display

Reply #320
Anyone else have the text on the panel get shifted outside of the boxes with the newest foo_uie_trackinfo_mod?

Home stereo display

Reply #321
Anyone else have the text on the panel get shifted outside of the boxes with the newest foo_uie_trackinfo_mod?

It's because the horizontal/vertical padding options have been removed from the panel.

A workaround might be to add $padding(10,10) to the top of the code, but that probably won't work.

A guaranteed way to get it to work is to modify each $drawrect function in the code, adding 10 onto each x/y value.

Home stereo display

Reply #322
It's because the horizontal/vertical padding options have been removed from the panel.

A workaround might be to add $padding(10,10) to the top of the code, but that probably won't work.

Thanks!

Did even notice that, but I see it now.  Adding a single $padding(12,10) line worked okay, but alignment isn't perfect everywhere.  Going with (10,10) was too far off horizontally.

Home stereo display

Reply #323
Due to intensive development of foobar and trackinfo mod panel,major updates of home stereo display are expected to land over the next days for all three branches of it.
On to do list:fixing the constantly changing vbr recognition under new versions of foobar (what will be the end of it?),fixing alignment with new version of trackinfo mod panel,adding some features such as volume indictor,
time played total etc.Also on the further development list an improvements and additional features to the
playlist info panel by Stuart60611.Please post your requests,and for now i'm not suggesting you to upgrade your trackinfo mod panel as it will get you into trouble with alignment.

Home stereo display

Reply #324
Is there a how to get this running instructions. I can't understand the one thats in the file. I have all the components and I don't know where to go now to get the themes working.