Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Recommended Encoder Versions and Settings (Read 562721 times) previous topic - next topic

Recommended Encoder Versions and Settings

Reply #175
I still don't get the lowpass filter switch... if it accepts only one parameter, then how do I specify the lowpass freq?

it doesn't belong in the wiki if you add any information related to I will remove it. Zealous magical thinking doesn't outweigh the needs of many. I will make a note of it though, but I more than willing to bet QuantumKnot would agree with me 120% anyway.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358706"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
After much soul-searching    well not that much actually  I agree with you. AFAIK these values (whatever they're supposed to mean) are tuned between versions. Unless we want to change the Wiki page into a changelog I don't see a reason to write it in.

After all, the page is called "Recommended ..." and these lowpass selftunes, I believe, are not recommended 

Reply #176
Annnddd... one thing still irks me: If only the OggDropXPd manual is done tongue.gif ... well anyways I created a stub for OggDropXPd you can check here, there's a section I call "Manual".
The page looks good.  . Keep working on it.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
More meat has gone into the OggDropXPd manual.    I decided not to use the downloadable manual from rarewares. I know this decision may or may not cause disagreement...

... or not  so please check out [a href="http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=OggDropXPd]the OggDropXPd page at Wiki[/url] and tell me what y'all.

Reply #177
Hi,
i got a problem: Always when i convert files with one of the commandline encoders listed above i can't play it with my mp3-player (or only some files). i played them in foobar and there i get the message "files is corrupted" but it plays. Can anyone tell me why the encoder creates corrupted files?
Thanks in advance.
Greetz

Reply #178
Hi,
i got a problem: Always when i convert files with one of the commandline encoders listed above i can't play it with my mp3-player (or only some files). i played them in foobar and there i get the message "files is corrupted" but it plays. Can anyone tell me why the encoder creates corrupted files?
Thanks in advance.
Greetz

The short answer is they don't create corrupted files, but tell us what command line you're using and we'll take it from there.

Annnddd... one thing still irks me: If only the OggDropXPd manual is done tongue.gif ... well anyways I created a stub for OggDropXPd you can check here, there's a section I call "Manual".
The page looks good.  . Keep working on it.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
More meat has gone into the OggDropXPd manual.    I decided not to use the downloadable manual from rarewares. I know this decision may or may not cause disagreement...

... or not  so please check out [a href="http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=OggDropXPd]the OggDropXPd page at Wiki[/url] and tell me what y'all.

Sorry, I know it's well after the fact, but there's no disagreement here.  You seem to be doing a good job, so do please carry right on with it.

Reply #179

... or not  so please check out the OggDropXPd page at Wiki and tell me what y'all.
Sorry, I know it's well after the fact, but there's no disagreement here.  You seem to be doing a good job, so do please carry right on with it.
Ahh... you have put me to shame, John. I had been abandoning this page for quite some time...

Well, I've just updated it. Some slight rewords, now it's not *the* manual but a *quickstart* manual. The description for all the advanced settings may be waaaaaaay over the head for Vorbis newbies.

Inputs welcome.

Reply #180
Hurrah! Pop open those champagne bottle cause version 1.0 of the Encoding QuickStart for OggDropXPd is *finally* complete!

Check this out and please give feedback.

Peace!

Reply #181
The Rarewares links in the main post don't seem to be working.  Had to go download the files manually.

Reply #182
The links are probably out-of-date.

Use the wiki page referenced in the first post.

Reply #183
Oookay, more than 6 months since aoTuV beta 4.51 (aka aoTuV b4b) has been released (in 2005-11-17).

Anyone got a bone to pick with aoTuV beta 4.51?

Can we modify the wiki section here (and elsewhere on the same page/wiki) so that the recommended aoTuV is now beta 4.51?

If no one disagree, let's -- within this week or so -- change the page.

Reply #185
ogg vorbis lowpass frequency:
the first column is the quality setting (-q)
the top row is the samplerates( 8999- means everything below 9000hz, 9000+ means that the lowpass frequencies in its column are valit untill it reaches the next 'step' in samplerate which would be 15000, etc.)
lowpass frequencies are in KHz
Code: [Select]
Qual\SR 8999-   9000+   15000+  19000+  26000+  40000+
------------------------------------------------------
-2      2.6     4.0     6.0     8.5     12.0    13.2
-1      3.0     4.5     6.5     9.5     12.6    14.8
0       4.0     5.5     7.5     10.5    13.0    15.1
1       4.0     8.0     10.4    13.1    13.0    15.8
2       4.0     10.4    15.3    17.3    14.0    16.5
3       4.0     12.9    20.2    21.6    15.0    17.2
4       4.0     15.3    25.1    25.8    99.0    18.3
5       4.0     17.8    30.0    30.0    99.0    20.1
6       4.0     20.2    43.8    43.8    99.0    48.0
7       4.0     22.7    57.6    57.6    99.0    999
8       4.0     25.1    71.4    71.4    99.0    999
9       4.0     27.6    85.2    85.2    99.0    999
10      4.0     30.0    99.0    99.0    99.0    999
This table is valid for Sample Rates of 6000-96000.
(I didn't test beyond that.)
OggEnc v2.6 (Lancer 20051121 based on aoTuV b4b)

Note: The lowpass frequencies were slightly higher in older versions, like oggenc v1.0.1. At 44100hz: q3 17.9, q4 20.5.

Note2: More info is a good thing  I personally got some good knowledge from creating this table.

edit: added a better explanation of how to read the table.. i hope

What about adding these to the table in the wiki?

Reply #187
aoTuV beta4.51 has been updated to aoTuV Release 1 (2006/08/23).

link

Reply #188
Interesting. We will have to make a note of that for the wiki. Thanks. 
budding I.T professional

Reply #189
The first page of this thread should be updated as well.

Reply #191
I'd like to have ogg aoTuV r1 in "Win32 DLL (not reference)", but on the aotuv page, there is only this for b4.51  ... ?

Reply #193
hi all
I have a problem about the vorbis encoder...
If my CPU is Pentium D
which vorbis encoder should I use?

Reply #194
the SSE3 one on the website which i previously provided. you could also download the MT version as well if you want.

Reply #195
And, aoTuV's beta 5 is released. Which is better quality-wise anyway? Lancer's build or OggdropXpd's?

Also, unfortunately, John's Rarewares.org has been suspended.

- Spike

Reply #196
And, aoTuV's beta 5 is released. Which is better quality-wise anyway? Lancer's build or OggdropXpd's?

Nobody has ever been able to ABX the differences between Blacksword's Lancer builds and john33's ones which are based on Aoyumi's reference implementation. Hence you can safely use the faster Lancer builds.

Edit: Grammar, grammar!

Reply #197
which vorbis decoders are safe for ABX-ing?

Reply #198
<deleteme>links to rarewares files seems to be borken</deleteme>
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung