Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Peakmeter for Columns UI (Read 205426 times) previous topic - next topic

Peakmeter for Columns UI

I created a new component: foo_uie_peakmeter. The component displays the level for each channel in dB. 

Version 0.0.4.1 alpha

If you find it usefull you can download it here: foo_uie_peakmeter

This component is replaced by a new plugin: foo_uie_vis_peakmeter_spectrum.

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #1
Very nice! New toys are always fun. It even works well under wine.

My only suggestion is that since this is primarily a visualization component you may want to consider renaming it foo_uie_vis_peakmeter

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #2
Thank you for this. I've been waiting so much for it.

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #3
yeah this is pretty cool. any way it could work for Panels Ui?

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #5
Very nice, but could it have an option to make it vertical ?
Thanks

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #7
Very nice, but could it have an option to make it vertical ?
Thanks
I second this.

also could it be possible for the range of the meter to be customised from -60dB to +10dB to say -30dB to +3dB or what ever the person wants. So the meter will be a smaller dB range but the physical onscreen length is still the same (basically makes the meter move more).
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #8
This is awesome!

I second the request to make this vertical, and the request for customizable dB levels. Inputting our own (like an "Add New" button to add entries, and a "Remove" to remove entries) would be nice .

EDIT: Also, if we could export our settings (like all the colors and settings) to a file and then import them into a second or whatever peakmeter that would be great too. I want to put the left channel on the left side of my playlist, and the right on the right side, but thats a lot of manual color typing and I am lazy lol.

I can see potential for this component. Keep up the good work!
Song List: keikoniumboards.ke.funpic.org/files/songlist.html

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #9
...and transparancy for PanelsUI?
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #10
WOW! - You are my hero! 

((((( Strictly4me )))))

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #11
hehe cool stuff trying it out right now

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #12
Wow. Best vis ever for Foobar. Good job.

A few suggestions though.
* Center everything in available space (vertically I mean).
* Ability to remove the L, R in the beginning of a meter.
* Padding, left and right.
* Peak falloff feature, with time setting.
* Currently there doesn't seem to be an option available to flip the meters to go from bottom up instead of left right.

Keep up the good work.

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #13
Very nice, indeed!  And if you can find a way to implement all the suggestions you've gotten so far, this will really be at the top of the list!

Thanks!

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #14
Also it would be nice to change the color of the small channelboxes (or am I blind?), and the possebility of removing them. I didn't see the possebility of changing the falloff indicator color. 

And another vote the for vertical meters

It would be nice if you could add some channel configuration condition, so only the channels in use would be displayed.

Bug(/Annoyance): It seems that the falloff indicator are based on the current track, since I've never seen it actually fall off. Could you add a (configurable) timeout to it, as they would normally act?

But this is a really cool plugin!

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #15
foo_pm, you made my day!!! 

Thank you so much for this component!

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #16
great plugin

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #17
Hummm...  I cannot seem to get it to work with Panels UI.

I have all the latest components installed, and have libmmd.dll , libpng13.dll ,  and zlib1.dll  in the install directory.

I used this code to make a panel appear:

/////////////Equalizer Panel///////////////
$panel(Equalizer,Peakmeter,24,470,200,70,)
/////////////////////////////////////////////

The box showed up, and then I right-clicked and got into preferences, and set them exactly as shown in the example photo that was posted, just to get me going.

The background changed from black to grey after I applied the preferences, but when I play a song, nothing happens.  I only see a grey rectangle.

Would someone suggest to me what I'm not doing correctly here?    Thanks!

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #18
The same occured to me, just click on "reset all" button on the plugin preferences page, and it will work fine...

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #19
The same occured to me, just click on "reset all" button on the plugin preferences page, and it will work fine...

Don't you loose all settings for every plugin then?

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #20

No, the plugin has its own preference page, once you right-click preferences on the panel.
And its own "reset all" button, that only resets the VIS setting.
I couldn't get it to work until I accidentally hit this button...

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #21

Ahh...  Yes, that was the issue.  Works like a charm now.  Thank you very much!!

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #22

No, the plugin has its own preference page, once you right-click preferences on the panel.
And its own "reset all" button, that only resets the VIS setting.
I couldn't get it to work until I accidentally hit this button...

Except for you PanelsUI users, yes you DO lose settings for other components, like Columns UI and foobar2000 settings. But I guess you don't care for settings as long as you have your nice gfxs ;-)

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #23
Except for you PanelsUI users, yes you DO lose settings for other components, like Columns UI and foobar2000 settings. But I guess you don't care for settings as long as you have your nice gfxs ;-)

Seriously?  I also have a couple of configs that use Columns UI, and I really wouldn't want that to happen there!!  Of course, I have backups, but still, I believe that this is something we should all be aware of, yes??

Thanks for the heads-up!

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #24
Very nice! New toys are always fun. It even works well under wine.

My only suggestion is that since this is primarily a visualization component you may want to consider renaming it foo_uie_vis_peakmeter

Thanks! I guess you are right. I will think about it.