Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Picture broken with Macbookair M1 processor (Read 1039 times) previous topic - next topic

Picture broken with Macbookair M1 processor

Hello, I now use a Macbookair processor M1 after Windows Server on PC. I experience something funny : periodically, at unconstant frequencies, the image disappears for a fraction of a second (black screen), Foobar being visible or not.
It seemes that the Mac system is not overloaded, 7 or 8% only being active.
Is there something in the program able to explain,or provoke, this inconvenience? Thanks for ideas or ecplanation.

Re: Picture broken with Macbookair M1 processor

Reply #1
I have the same computer but it doesn't give me any problems. On the other hand, with the Mac mini, I had to switch monitors to avoid it turning off when entering power saving mode.

Reply #2
I had a monitor issue with my M1 mini that turned out to be a faulty HDMI cable. It went away when I swapped to a different cable.

Maybe your Macbook Air has a faulty display cable inside? Or is this an external monitor connected by cable or dock? Since I know M1 laptops support a single external display directly, or multiple via those USB framebuffer dongles that require extra software.

Reply #3
Hello, You're probably right . This issue occurs on the external TV set, connected with a 10 m HDMI cable. Moreover, I use 2 USB cables : one for connecting the hard disk containing the files (this one with a Belkin adaptor used for input sound & HDMI), the second directly from the second output with a Audioquest USB-C cable connected to a M2Tech Hiface Evo Two.
It's quite possible that there is a problem with this configuration. What do you think about  it? Thanks

Reply #4
I'd try another HDMI cable. Or a shorter one.

Reply #5
I'll do it. Thanks very much