Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Spider Monkey Panel (foo_spider_monkey_panel) (Read 347710 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Spider Monkey Panel (foo_spider_monkey_panel)

Reply #1400
Uhm... disclaimer, have not really much experience with all this.

First, your scripts don't seem to work on win. Since it looks for py instead of python.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/64697211/how-to-fix-py-is-not-recognized-as-an-internal-or-external-command-operable-p
Using doskey doesn't work for the lines using "subprocess.check_call()", so I had to edit the *.py files to use 'python' instead of 'py'.

Then V2 has different submodules than V1, it is not just a matter of using the scripts from V2 on V1. i.e. it now complains that there is no lexilla submodule too.

EDIT: as far as I understand, do you mean not only the scripts must be ported to V1, but also submodules and then all this?
https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_spider_monkey_panel/commit/c9d8d83d577516153070047572fa78d69e976906

There is now way to simply build v1 as is?

Reply #1401
First, your scripts don't seem to work on win. Since it looks for py instead of python.
I develop SMP (and all other fb2k components) exclusively on windows =)
"py" is an utility that comes with default windows Python installation (https://stackoverflow.com/a/50896577)

Then V2 has different submodules than V1, it is not just a matter of using the scripts from V2 on V1
But I've never said that only scripts changes are needed, on the contrary, I've mentioned scintilla submodule (which lexilla was part of at some point).

Anyway, my previous reply was not intended as a guide, but rather a pointer on where one can look for the changes required to make v1 buildable.

Reply #1402
I develop SMP (and all other fb2k components) exclusively on windows =)
"py" is an utility that comes with default windows Python installation (https://stackoverflow.com/a/50896577)

Then V2 has different submodules than V1, it is not just a matter of using the scripts from V2 on V1
But I've never said that only scripts changes are needed, on the contrary, I've mentioned scintilla submodule (which lexilla was part of at some point).

Anyway, my previous reply was not a guide, but rather a pointer on where one can look for the changes required to make v1 buildable.
Well all my installations of python only had "python.exe" not py. And all references of py I found were related to unix systems, my bad anyway.

Anyway, my previous reply was not a guide, but rather a pointer on where one can look for the changes required to make v1 buildable.
Understood. I thought v1 was buildable without further changes at some point of the commit history. Thanks anyway

Reply #1403
Understood. I thought v1 was buildable without further changes at some point of the commit history. Thanks anyway
IIRC, the problem is with environment and not SMP code per se: older scintilla is not buildable with newer Python version, so either the newer scintilla version or older python version is required.
There are also might be some compilation errors caused by newer VS, but I don't remember any specifics.

Reply #1404
Could someone help me create a "mood" button akin to what's present in Br3tt's smooth playlist browser? On click to write anything to specific tag and on second click if this tag is present - remove it.