Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: warn (0%) .....bar on left H. side of my post.... (Read 4573 times) previous topic - next topic

warn (0%) .....bar on left H. side of my post....

Good evening, I just noticed that lille bar of orange tan that says warn (0%).....
What does that mean? I'm kinda insecure 'bout this one as I can't see it on other members' posts.
Thanx for clarification in advance.

Reply #1
it is kind of personal reminder for youreslef. if you repeatly act against the rules, troll, etc, you get warned. this can result in being banned in rare cases: if you have been warned three times and do not change your behavior (IIRC). the degree of warning (if you receive some) can be lowered by doing the right thing.
nothing to fear, realy, if you behave acording to the rules and just be nice   

the topic was heavily discused when it was introduced, you may want to search the forum for further input.

edit: note that the warn meter can only be viewed by youself, it's not seen by normal boardusers.
Nothing but a Heartache - Since I found my Baby ;)

Reply #2
Yo Digga,
Thanx for your prompt reply. It seems that I still can't get it. Does everybody see the mentioned bar in his posts wether or not he's been warned. That would explain the 0% that mine is indicating. Or is it only appearing when there was a warning?
If the second was the case, wouldn't it show at least some percentage on it?
At this point I'm  starting to get dissapointed as I'm totally not aware having done any wrong. I was asking a question or two. I also said that one of my question remained unanswered a while ago which is a fact, and not meant in a pushy way.

If the question has been discussed before, would it represent a sin not having found it? Would that be a reason to warn a member and leaving a bad taste in his mouth and let him feel like being thrown into a basket w. trolls?

All my questions were o.k. , also the one about the possibly wrong "read me" file was legitimate even if that might have offended the gods of Lame. This is not my problem and I don't think that I deserved getting warned from some admin that obviously didn't search good enough for my previous posts himself.
They all were of a gentleman character.
Here's my latest post where I noticed the warn bar the first and only time.
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....howtopic=18044&

I'm running a forum myself and I definately don't need any folk to give me this "control freak" thing.  Wanna read my forum rules? You won't find none, but only extremely knowledgeable and fine characters that even can take some rufflin' feathers once in a while w/o the whining.

Here's my forum BTW. Everybody heartly welcome. Newbe questions acceptance guarantied. Promise LOL.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/257364
Enjoy and have a nice evening
Theo

Reply #3
Does everybody see the mentioned bar in his posts wether or not he's been warned. That would explain the 0% that mine is indicating. Or is it only appearing when there was a warning?
If the second was the case, wouldn't it show at least some percentage on it?
you already answered your question yourself.

If the question has been discussed before, would it represent a sin not having found it?
yes    .of course not, but dont expect any further replies, if the exsisting answer is to be found by a little bit of work at your side.

All my questions were o.k. , also the one about the possibly wrong "read me" file was legitimate even if that might have offended the gods of Lame
well, just be carefull not to cross the boarder btw self-confidence and egoism / ignorance. easy.

I'm running a forum myself and I definately don't need any folk to give me this "control freak" thing
whatever. you're free to leave. if you stay, welcome once again 

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']edit: hmm, just realised that this post might sound a little bit harsh, this is not intended. please feel free not to take any offence :-)[/span]

Reply #4
burn out: Everybody sees (only) their own warning meter always, even then when there's no warning. This is the deafault way it works in Invision forum software.
0% warning means logically that there's no warnings.
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #5
This thread has more information. (It is even on the front page of this forum.)
"Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored."
—Aldous Huxley

Reply #6
Oh, no way, I have never thought of leaving. I've learned to stand my ground and to ask questions in a straight forward way. I did not and do not intend to offend anybody and therefore can't see a reason why my question might have given any headache to s.o. unless someone definately tells me where and why I might have been wrong or like you seem to think ......might have ..."cross the boarder btw self-confidence and egoism / ignorance. easy."
With all respect I do not second that.
Regards

Reply #7
Ouups, guys. You were quicker than my respond to Digga. Thanx for clarification, I'm going to the links right in a moment. BTW I was desperately searching the forum for some place where isymbols etc. where explained. It took me quite a while until I descided to post my paranoia post LOL.
Aaaahh, I#ll get me a beer now...
Thanx again

Reply #8
I did not and do not intend to offend anybody and therefore can't see a reason why my question might have given any headache to s.o. unless someone definately tells me where and why I might have been wrong or like you seem to think ......might have ..."cross the boarder btw self-confidence and egoism / ignorance. easy."
With all respect I do not second that.
Regards
the statement "gods of lame" could eeaasiely be understod in a sarcastic way, and therefore implying a direct insult, especially together with the statement " All my questions were o.k.". then again, seen toghether with your attitude in the former posts, that implies that you might think, that your opinion is always the only right one.
if this is not the case, I'm maybe just to paranoid...
again, no offence meant.

edit:
Aaaahh, I#ll get me a beer now...
actually a good idea.

Reply #9
Regarding yourPost on
Jan 30 2004, 02:13 PM

Dear Mrs. Digga                                                  Berlin 01.30.04

I asume that you unfortunately didn't receive my private message to your PM Box yet. It tries to make sure that my first reply to you (starting w. Yo Digga, thanx.....) was not meant to whine at you in a personal way and that it was meant in a general way. It ends w. the term "Regards".
Little I have known that I was corresponding with the Minister of Defense of the Gods of Lame. Looks like you're trieing to burn my mouth upside down. That's O.K. but why do YOU think to be paranoid?
I said that I was paranoid and therefore thought people would understand my ("...getting disapointed"...) mood in conjunction w. a major misunderstanding of the warn bar.
From your previous post above I understand that you're not only a Minister but a good psychologist too. I really appretiate your non sarcastic attitude towards my concerns and I would like to thank you for that.
At the same time I'd like to ask you to precisely point out where and which of my previous postings where of the character you're describing here:
,....."then again, seen toghether with your attitude in the former posts, that implies that you might think, that your opinion is always the only right one."....
I'm curious to learn more about me, so don't wonder if I won't reply as I might fall into some serious depression from all that. You oughta know that I'm a sensible guy although being of a male sex. I'm currently drinking a big pot of camilla tea and even do sit on the toilet seat when I p###, that's because my mother used to beat me up each time I ......well you know. I'm still suffering from all that and I do frequently visit my whoodoo doctor who managed to successfully heal a major restriction in my urethra that, as he claims, is caused by this tremendous pressure in an extremely difficult period in my life. Yes, that was when I was a little boy,...a little little sensitive boy, being beaten up for the only reason to be a male standing in front of the toilet seat instead of sitting like my mom used to do. Yes mom I still love you to death. My doctor said that it's about time to stand up and....well you know.
BTW I have experienced a less than friendly reception after my very first very harmless post as a newbe quite a while ago. Fortunately there have been a couple of gentlemen who e-mailed me privately expressing to be sorry for what this board has changed to, since quite a while.  This helped a lot and I'd like to thank them for having their heart on the right spot. I think it speaks for itself that they e-mailed me privately rather than doing so in public.
That's a little fore story regarding the deal w. the gods of lame. I'm not complaining or addressing this to any specific people, but towards an attitude that unfortunately has been here to stay in all branches of our modern society since ever. I respect and accept the board rules as long as the admins respect my freedom of speach.
Digga, whose ambassador are you trieing to be? Gimme a break, let's get back to business and let's keep it civilized.

Reply #10
I think it is very rude to display a warn meter at 0%

Welcome to the supermarket. We have not caught you steeling any goods... YET.

Would you shop there?

Reply #11

Would you shop there?

You find it rude/annoying enough to make you spend the time to make the code edit now and each time we update the forum?
AFAIK it is not there to make any statement but there because it would waste time to change something that IMO doesn't matter.

Reply #12

Would you shop there?

Ah, for God's sake...no need to be so damn sensitive about everything and everyone.

Does the existence of a blank criminal record makes you feel that the polity treats you already as a criminal?

Reply #13
To be honest, I don't really give a d### to the crime bar, but I think the inventors didn't show "good taste" within my view of things. It reminds me at this extremely loud organ in sunday church that always let me feel guilty w/o a reason since I was a lille boy.
Hey gods, how about a bar that shows your positive side? S.Th. like "Your best, sec. best etc. rated post"?
Wouldn't that be a lot more inviting to everybody LOL
Ahhm, I don't really care anyway,..just an idea.

Reply #14
You find it rude/annoying enough to make you spend the time to make the code edit now and each time we update the forum?
AFAIK it is not there to make any statement but there because it would waste time to change something that IMO doesn't matter.

Absolutely.

Treating people as criminals is simply not nice. Anyone appreaciate the record companies for their Our customers are criminals, so we add copy protection and DRM to our releases methods?

Reply #15

Absolutely.

Treating people as criminals is simply not nice. Anyone appreaciate the record companies for their Our customers are criminals, so we add copy protection and DRM to our releases methods?

Then I suggest you raise the issue at Invision Board and submit the code to them.

Secondly I don't get you at all. The meter says 0, zero, no warning...
If anything it says you didn't do anything wrong. How can you interpret it as indicating that you did something wrong?

Reply #16
I wonder if you feel the same way when you walk by a court of law or a police office.

Reply #17
Don't you think, Mods, that it would be better to close this thread?
The original question has been answered, and the rest seems to be pointless discussion about a subject that it has already been stated, cannot be done in any other way because of board software used.
Not to mention that the Admins here have already explained why the warning meter was adopted in the first place.
I'm the one in the picture, sitting on a giant cabbage in Mexico, circa 1978.
Reseñas de Rock en Español: www.estadogeneral.com