Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlist location going forward (Read 1194 times) previous topic - next topic

Playlist location going forward

After having a couple instances where my foobar2000 playlists got screwed up/corrupted/whatever, I stumbled upon the plugin autobackup which allowed me to back the playlists up intermittently as I saw fit. This saved me on at least one occasion and was huge as foobar2000's playlists are an integral part of my workflow, the result of hours upon hours of production decisions. Today I had to do a hard restart and I came back to foobar to all the errors that will sometimes come up when you do such a thing. Went to the backup and started replacing files, but my playlists weren't there. To my horror, some playlists remained, but the playlists I'd been actively working on were empty in foobar2000. %$E%^$##%E##%$#^$%$$$%@%#$%@%$%@#%$@#$%@%$#%$%@$#$%$#%@

I came to find autobackup plugin was set to backup the directory "playlists", but the directory foobar puts the playlists had been changed to "playlists-v1.3". I'm sitting here just pulling my hair out wondering why in the world this subtle yet ultimately disastrous change was made, and if, moving forward, every major foobar update will change this directory, breaking the backups unless I remember to manually change the target directory.
Project Leader of DDResampled

Re: Playlist location going forward

Reply #1
It was a one-time change. Add said folder to your backups and you should be fine in the future.

Reply #2
Set it to back up "playlists*".   Problem solved.

Reply #3
Thanks, though I did deduce to do that when I revisited the config window.
Project Leader of DDResampled

Reply #4
Also, you can right click on the tab of any playlist, select "save playlist", and save it anywhere you want, as often as you want.