Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Cross compiling LAME Libraries (Read 9927 times) previous topic - next topic

Cross compiling LAME Libraries

Hi everyone,

I want to get the LAME encoder/decoder running on the ARM architecture. As such, I've cross compiled the libraries using the arm-linux-gnueabihf toolchain. Here's the configuration I used:

Code: [Select]
export PATH=$PATH:/root/gcc-linaro-arm/bin
echo $PATH
export CC=arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc
export CXX=arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++
export LD=arm-linux-gnueabihf-ld
export AR=arm-linux-gnueabihf-ar
export NM=arm-linux-gnueabihf-nm
export RANLIB=arm-linux-gnueabihf-ranlib

./configure CC=arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc --prefix=/root/x-compile/deps --enable-static --disable-shared --host=arm-linux-gnueabihf
make
make install

There were some warnings, but I did manage to get a LAME static library. I've written a basic wrapper file to check the lame version, initialise and close the encoder to test if I set up the environment correctly, but I can't build the project due to unresolved references to various functions in the static library. I'm trying to compile in DS-5 eclipse using the matching toolchain. I'm not sure whether the issue is with the linker or how I built the library. I've also built the library using the default configuration and was able to compile my project on the Linux GCC toolchain. I was wondering if anyone had any advice or experience cross-compiling for ARM and suggestions on how to resolve my issue.

Thanks,
Bogdan