Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Improve CDs with Yoghurt? (Read 5451 times) previous topic - next topic

Improve CDs with Yoghurt?

Reply #1
hahahaha oh God.

Reply #3
I just found an article claiming that you can change the sound of a CD by spreading yoghurt on it.

As my desk is covered with lots of stuff most of the time, occasionally a CD falls down. I prefer the sound of CDs covered with (fresh) yoghurt falling on the floor (if the yoghurt side is down) over the sound of native CDs (difference obvious, no ABX needed).  B)
Let's suppose that rain washes out a picnic. Who is feeling negative? The rain? Or YOU? What's causing the negative feeling? The rain or your reaction? - Anthony De Mello

Reply #4
... and frozen yoghurt works even better, since you get both fungus and ice crystals!

- M.

Reply #5
All they need is to add the green marker color to the frozen yoghurt, and perhaps some magnetized iron filings, and... and... Yikes, these people are insane.

Just read the other article. You're right Gecko, it's the same guy. Must be a slow news day for these sites to be publishing this silly stuff.

Reply #6
Has anybody experimented with glue?

Well, I'm thinking Mr. Yoghurt Disc might have been experimenting with glue. Sniffing it.  But no, I haven't personally tried putting anything on a CD to change the sound. Seems any substance that dries somewhat clear would do what this guy claims though. I'm thinking even purposely putting lots of fingerprints on the disc would affect it.

Frankly, I'll just leave the music the way the musician intended it... lol

Reply #7
That article seems to be taken a little to serious in here. If you read on into the article, it does say its just to mix the sound of the CD being played not improve the quality of the sound. This isn't a serious article about quality improving, but more about how the sound changes due to the different reflection cause by the bacteria/fungus.

Regards

AgentMil
-=MusePack... Living Audio Compression=-

Honda - The Power of Dreams

Reply #8
"Yogurt, I hate yogurt, especially with strawberries."

Reply #9
Fungus? Hmm, it would probably hurt if I rubbed it down there...

Reply #10
"Yogurt, I hate yogurt, especially with strawberries."

"I see your Schwartz is as big as mine..."   

How about if you just apply the yogurt to the inside of your ears, and then let the fungus grow there?  Then all the CDs in your collection would benefit from sound modification all the same way.

The same concept as applying mass-ReplayGain to your music.

YogurtGain©