Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC and Win 7 84 won't encode (Read 6105 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC and Win 7 84 won't encode

Hello, my first post

I've upgraded from Win  XP 32 to Win 7 64.

FLAC 1.2.1b installed normally, and decoding works OK.
But encoding gives a glimpse of a DOS windows and that's all.

I tried the suggestions I've found in the site re MSCOMCTL.OCX to no avail. Upgrading to FLAC 1.1.4b didn't help also.

Running go.bat in a DOS window presents these error messages:
C:\Program Files (x86)\FLAC>go
'flac' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

'Tag.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

What is very strange, as the same file (flac.exe) is used for both encoding and decoding...

Thanks for your help.

Reply #1
You will have to edit your go.bat, since on a 64-Bit OS the default path for 32-bit programs is c:\program files (x86)\, not just "program files"
Most likely, your batch files uses a wrong path to point to the .exe, hence the error message.

Reply #2
You will have to edit your go.bat, since on a 64-Bit OS the default path for 32-bit programs is c:\program files (x86)\, not just "program files"
Most likely, your batch files uses a wrong path to point to the .exe, hence the error message.

Thanks, ChronoSphere

The .bat files are generated by FLAC's GUI front end (installed automatically). For decoding, the .bat points to program files (x86) as should.

I've found another interesting frontend - Trader's Little Helper and it works fine, so I will be deleting FLAC's front end.

http://tlh.easytree.org/

Reply #3

Windows 7 Ultimate.

FLAC frontend would not encode or decode properly as it relies on import fuctions from msvbvm60.dll

I put a copy of msvbvm60.dll (6.00.9815) in the "Program files (x86)\FLAC" directory.

It works OK!!

There may be other versions of msvbvm60.dll, I found this one in "C:\Windows\SysWOW64"

If you don't have it get it from Microsoft download.