Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Not getting notifications when someone posts in a bookmarked thread... (Read 7265 times) previous topic - next topic

Not getting notifications when someone posts in a bookmarked thread...

Hi there

The title says it all really...  I've looked around and cannot find where to set my notifications preferences.  Would someone kindly point me in the right direction?

Many thanks

Re: Not getting notifications when someone posts in a bookmarked thread...

Reply #1
Modify Profile -> Notifications lets you set or unset whole forum notifications, or remove topic notifications.

You set notify on a topic by clicking the handy Notify button, or checking a box on post/reply, or setting a setting in your profile to automate it per reply.

Bookmarks are an add-on feature, and have nothing to do with email notification.

Reply #2
Thanks very much for the reply.  I somehow missed that there was a drop down menu when you hovered over Modify Profile.  Sorry about that! 

Anyhow, it seemed things were set up as they should be there.  The only one that could potentially need a tweak was "Notify me of topics and boards I've requested notification on", which I have switched to "Replies and Moderation".  Perhaps if you don't mind you could reply to this and I'll see if I am notified??? 

Cheers

Reply #3
Testing.

Reply #4
Thanks for the test!  No email notification though.  So I've no idea what's up...  Everything seems as it should be from what I can see.

Reply #5
Your address is bouncing with the status “drop” on our mail provider, SendGrid.

Reply #6
I'm not totally sure what that means!  But I can confirm that I have received your email no problem, and have just now replied to it too...  Let me know if you don't get the reply email.

Cheers

Reply #7
Strangely, SendGrid had a bounce from May that indicated that yahoo.co.uk had the wrong mail server configured, as it replied that it refused to “relay” to your address.

Reply #8
I'm not quite sure what that means kode54.  But I got an email notification so all is good and well. 

Thanks for your perseverance!   Much appreciated.

Reply #9
It registered a single bounce, then decided to drop further messages automatically. I deleted the bounce, and now it seems to work.

Reply #10
Wow, yes... I looked all around my profile trying to find notification settings.  I had no idea the 'Modify Profile' widget was a drop-down menu until I read this thread. :)