Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Splitting wavpack file (Read 7674 times) previous topic - next topic

Splitting wavpack file

hi new member here would like to hav some questions on wavpack files.

1.  I would like to split a wavpack+cue file into separate files according to each track.  Is that possible?

2.  If that isn't possible would there be a way to decompress the files into wav in separate files?  I am using foobar and can i just use the wave output for each track to make a separate wave file for each track?

Thanks for any help n sry if they r newbie questions as i just got into using lossless stuff.

Splitting wavpack file

Reply #1
hi new member here would like to hav some questions on wavpack files.

1.  I would like to split a wavpack+cue file into separate files according to each track.  Is that possible?

2.  If that isn't possible would there be a way to decompress the files into wav in separate files?  I am using foobar and can i just use the wave output for each track to make a separate wave file for each track?

Thanks for any help n sry if they r newbie questions as i just got into using lossless stuff.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi 1stdayonthejob

You can do it with foobar2000 v0.8.3 like this :

Download wavpack.exe, and place it into your foobar2000 directory.
[a href="http://www.wavpack.com/wavpack-4.31.zip]http://www.wavpack.com/wavpack-4.31.zip[/url]

Download clienc and place it into your foobar2000\components directory :
http://www.saunalahti.fi/~cse/foobar2000/foo_clienc.zip

Load fb2k, and go into "Preferences/Diskwriter".

Under "Output File Name Formatting" enter this :

%artist% (%date%) %album%\$num(%tracknumber%,2). %title%

Also remeber checking the option "Create Subdirectories".

Then select "Save all" and close the preferences menu.

Now add your cuesheet to the playlist and highlight all the tracks(CTRL+A). Rightclick on the files and select "Convert/Run conversion". When the "Selct File Writer Preset" dialog comes up, then you choose WavPack, and select "OK".

Splitting wavpack file

Reply #2
oops sorry should hav mentioned im using foobar v0.9b12, if i do that the above way would there b a lost in quality?

Splitting wavpack file

Reply #3
If you are using 0.9b and converting to WAVE you really just need to select all the tracks, right-click, "Convert > Convert to...", pick "WAV" from the preset drowpdown, and then select the location.

There will be no loss in quality if you are going from WavPack to WAVE.

If you do want to stick with Wavpack you may want to take a look at the WavPack preset dialogue to set the settings you want.  To see the underlying command line change the top dropdown to "Custom".
I'm on a horse.