Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Enhancement in "Downmix 5.1 to stereo" DSP request (Read 2364 times) previous topic - next topic

Enhancement in "Downmix 5.1 to stereo" DSP request

Is it possible to change code of "Downmix 5.1 to stereo" DSP in such way, that it would recognize different types of channel masking as 5.1?

As found by lvqcl here: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=822884 this component properly recognize 5.1 stream when channel mask is "6: FL FR FC LFE BL BR" but doesn't recognize 5.1 when channel mask is set to "6: FL FR FC LFE SL SR". Side channels aren't recognized... Could this be fixed and changed that both channel masks will be properly recognized? And other variants (if exist)?

Reply #1
As per the 1.2.3 Beta changelog:
"Downmix 5.1 to stereo” DSP now accepts more different channel masks

Reply #2
I know  it was published about 13 hours after I requested it

Reply #3
I think I have to revive this thread. I played 3 DVD-A .iso's. Two of them were just 4 channels recordings, where there were FL, FR, RL and RR channels. Such files aren't recognised by "Downmix 5.1 to stereo" DSP. I know that these 4 channels is 4.0 and not 5.1, but why not allow 4.0 to be downmixed by this DSP? Additionally I found that third iso contained FL, FR, RL, RR and FC channels. That's 5.0. Still not 5.1, but why not just treat 4.0 and 5.0 streams as 5.1 with certain channels just muted?
So here is my feature proposal - allow 4.0 and 5.0 (maybe other) channel configurations to be downmixed by "Downmix 5.1 to stereo" DSP. Missing channels could be treated just as empty/muted streams (zeros).

Reply #4
How about possibility of doing this?

Reply #5
Try using Channel Mixer or Matrix Mixer in the meantime (or instead).

http://skipyrich.com/wiki/Foobar2000_Plugins

EDIT: Forgot to include the link, derp.