Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_upnp (Read 1635272 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_upnp

Reply #1575
I think I found a problem...

By default, under Album listing, foo_upnp will append the Artist name at the end of the AlbumName. For example I have 2 albums from different artists but with a same album name:

Unplugged [artist1]
Unplugged [artist2]

That works fine.

But, for some reason I don't want to see this auto appended Artist name on the AlbumName, so I edit the foo_upnp_ml_tree.xml and remove the Artist name at the of Album name. Then foo_upnp will just merge all same name Album name under a single album.

Unplugged

Even though those 2 same name albums are tagged with different AlbumArtist.

Or, is there any way to modify the foo_upnp_ml_tree.xml to properly list same album name albums separately?

PS: Using MinimServer or Asset UPnP, they can properly list same name albums separately under Album listing.

foo_upnp

Reply #1576
Or, is there any way to modify the foo_upnp_ml_tree.xml to properly list same album name albums separately?

There is now way currently as it would require 2 titleformat strings: one for splitting and one for display.

For you case what you want is:

split: %album%[ '['%album artist%']'
display: %album%

I'll look into making this possible.

Currently the split titleformat is also used for display

foo_upnp

Reply #1577
Component looks great, massive thx. Can't get it to work on my XBMC on XBOX, though. When trying (supported) LPCM 44.1/48kHz, constantly getting this error message in XBMC log:
ERROR: CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec while loading file http://192.168.1.1:56923/content/aa26c86f9...amplerate=48000

When trying WAV, getting static noise.
When trying MP3 (which I'd rather not do), it works.

looks like an XBMC bug to me as LPCM / WAV work anywhere else.

foo_upnp

Reply #1578
Hello,

I'm using foobar+foo_upnp to stream audio files to my Marantz AV7005 pre/processor. The problem is that I'm facing frequent audio drop-outs when streaming high resolution 96K/24bit FLAC and WAV files. I've tried disabling any kind of processing, DSP, transcoding - still, no luck... 
The same files are streaming perfectly from the same PC when using TVersity.
Also, standard resolution 44/16 files are working perfectly under foo_upnp - no problem whatsoever.

Is there anything else I can try in order to have the hi-res files working under foo_upnp? I'd like to get rid of TVersity and use foo_unp for streaming all my music - it's much more flexible and offers a lot of features TVersity does not have - e.g. ReplayGain support...

Thanks!

Difficult to know where the drop out comes from unfortunately. Is that on a WiFi connection or wired ?

foo_upnp

Reply #1579
Difficult to know where the drop out comes from unfortunately. Is that on a WiFi connection or wired ?

It's all wired Gigabit network - well the AV7005 is not Gigabit, but all the other devices are.
Works perfectly with TVersity over the same wires even with uncompressed 96/24 WAV files - so it cannot be a network bandwidth issue...
Thought there may be something else to try...
In the meantime I'm running 2 servers - TVersity for my hi-res music library and foobar+uPnP for my standard res library containing almost 100K FLAC files - because TVersity really cannot cope with such volumes (scanning the library takes forever and the interface keeps on hanging very frequently...).

foo_upnp

Reply #1580
As a side note - I also noticed that the "Full file buffering up to..." option found in Foobar preferences (Preferences->Advanced->Playback) does not apply to uPnP streaming...
I have enough memory on my music sever so I was hoping I could fully load files in memory before playback - Maybe that could have helped with my drop-out problem...
It works perfectly when playing the files directly in Foobar, but does not happen when streaming via the uPnP plugin...

foo_upnp

Reply #1581
Hi!

Found a problem, when I assign a profile, it's detected, but then not used.

Here's an extract from the log file:

Code: [Select]
foo_upnp: 3197.3197696: PLT_HttpHelper::ToLog(481)/7176: INFO: FbMediaServer::ProcessFileRequest
GET /content/01416845c61553b19c572c6f87f60e65.wav?profile_id=0&convert=wav&samplerate=192000&subsong=8 HTTP/1.1
Host: 192.168.0.102:56923
User-Agent: DuneHD/1.0 (product_id: hdsmart_d1; firmware_version: 120815_2150)
X-Dune-Serial-Number: D3BD-5A70-CAE3-2351-C8E6-FD88-FA63-5D29
X-Dune-Interface-Language: russian
Connection: close
foo_upnp: 3197.3197712: upnp_server_conf::get_profile(830)/7176: INFO: [color=red]using profile 'Dune'[/color], matching header (User-Agent:DuneHD/1.0 (product_id: hdsmart_d1; firmware_version: 120815_2150))
foo_upnp: opened 'file://D:\Music\Stuttgarter Kammerorchester - The Tube (SACD-R)\TACET - Die Rohre - Tube Only.iso' for streaming, [color=red]profile: Default[/color], WAV / 192000 Hz / 24 bits / 2 channels, replaygain: off, DSP chain: off

Should be a bug, right?

foo_upnp

Reply #1582
Can anyone help to noob. I have 2 PC at home and at LAN - Playback stream capture in second fb2k works fine.

But I try to share this capture to my friend in another country (throug Internet) and nothing working. I
1. Take port forwarding (56923) to my main PC in my router
2. Create dynamic dns (blablabla.no-ip.org) at my router. At no-ip site show that catch my ip.
3. Now question it's right that i put blablabla.no-ip.org to these field http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4372/20120826202031.jpg
4. My friend try http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6769/20120826202222.jpg this enter but gives error "Could not connect to remote Internet server."
Also at second PC at home I try the same, but result  the same.

What can be wrong?

foo_upnp

Reply #1583
Can anyone help to noob. I have 2 PC at home and at LAN - Playback stream capture in second fb2k works fine.

But I try to share this capture to my friend in another country (throug Internet) and nothing working. I
1. Take port forwarding (56923) to my main PC in my router
2. Create dynamic dns (blablabla.no-ip.org) at my router. At no-ip site show that catch my ip.
3. Now question it's right that i put blablabla.no-ip.org to these field http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4372/20120826202031.jpg
4. My friend try http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6769/20120826202222.jpg this enter but gives error "Could not connect to remote Internet server."
Also at second PC at home I try the same, but result  the same.

What can be wrong?

In your router, did you add a rule to redirect incoming TCP connections on port 56923 to port 56923 on the LAN IP on which your foo_upnp server is running ?

foo_upnp

Reply #1584
In your router, did you add a rule to redirect incoming TCP connections on port 56923 to port 56923 on the LAN IP on which your foo_upnp server is running ?

Yes, like with p2p (utorrent, soulseek) I create rule in my router, save it and reboot. http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/4753/20120826214601.jpg, also i try to install BubbleUPnP Server? he shown that connection must be good, but i try to connect by host or external ip and again get error http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/6081/20120826214836.jpg. p2p programs shown that i also reachable from external.

P.S.  My friend go offline, so it's normal to test internert settgins (BubbleUPnP , or foo_upnp) from my second lan pc, of course it's also have internet connection through router.

foo_upnp

Reply #1585
as I'm trying to not transcode, but still foo_upnp.dll did this, how I could turn off the transcode function?
streaming profile already set:
transcode : never without any expection
decodeing to pcm: never to wav

but still browsing the upnp dir with djmount,  shows ape as wav, don't know why.

foo_upnp

Reply #1586
Hello, I'm a little new to foobar and got this plugin hoping I'd be able to stream my music from my tower which is in a different room than my AV receiver.

Basically I have an Onkyo TX-NR809, and whenever I try to use the UPnP Controller to play music it keeps displaying "Resource not found (716)". I have it set to Net mode and I'm able to even browse my media servers with DLNA, but I can't play any music with foobar.

I also noticed that the UPnP Browser Selection is only capable of listing my MP3s, and none of my FLACs, but I'm still able to drag FLACs into the UPnP Controller Playback Queue. Surely FLAC should be streamable, right?

Any help?

foo_upnp

Reply #1587
Surely FLAC should be streamable, right?  Any help?

It might, but I'd be very surprised if your Onkyo could do it. Usually you have to convert to either WAV or PCM before streaming (the streaming profile takes care of that).

foo_upnp

Reply #1588

It might, but I'd be very surprised if your Onkyo could do it. Usually you have to convert to either WAV or PCM before streaming (the streaming profile takes care of that).

Yeah, saw that the default streaming profile converts everything to wav unless it's mp3, wma, aac, or m4a. Maybe that's why the UPnP Browser only displays MP3s.

Though I still get a 'Resource not found (716)' error regardless if it's an MP3 or FLAC.

EDIT: By the way I'm able to stream to it via Windows Media Player with the "Play to" feature but that can't play FLAC and I'd rather use foobar for the job.

foo_upnp

Reply #1589
Bubleguuum, thanks for this very nice pluggin. I have had great success with foobar2000 and your pluggin on our home LAN using flac, mp3 and wav files with straight streaming and pcm decoding to wav. Just installed it for my brother who is very happy having used tveristy, wmp and winamp prior to this.

I have one problem that I have not been able to resolve; I have not been able to pcm decode my flac files and stream to a dsm 320 successfully. While testing, I found that I can not decode any type of file to wav and get it to play on this device. I feel comfortable that my setups are correct using the default profile only with never transcode and never pcm decode except flac files. The status messages indicate that the selections (mp3,wax,flac) are being accessed and processed properly but the client/server interface fails on transition when actually streaming the file.

Any hints or suggestions are appreciated.

foo_upnp

Reply #1590

Yeah, saw that the default streaming profile converts everything to wav unless it's mp3, wma, aac, or m4a. Maybe that's why the UPnP Browser only displays MP3s.

Though I still get a 'Resource not found (716)' error regardless if it's an MP3 or FLAC.

EDIT: By the way I'm able to stream to it via Windows Media Player with the "Play to" feature but that can't play FLAC and I'd rather use foobar for the job.

I'll post my settings tonight but I have no problem using a 809.

foo_upnp

Reply #1591

Thanks, that would definitely help, as I haven't messed around the settings much.

foo_upnp

Reply #1592

Thanks, that would definitely help, as I haven't messed around the settings much.

Sorry for the delay.

One thing though, any FLAC higher than 24/96 will play in slow motion, not sure why.  Since the 809 is not good at gapless playback, I use the playback stream capture all the time and I control foobar with foo_touchremote.

foo_upnp

Reply #1593
Sorry for the delay.

One thing though, any FLAC higher than 24/96 will play in slow motion, not sure why.  Since the 809 is not good at gapless playback, I use the playback stream capture all the time and I control foobar with foo_touchremote.

Thanks for the settings, apparently I somehow accidentally set the 'Transcoding to MP3' and 'Decoding to PCM' both to never with no exceptions... really stupid mistake.
FLAC streaming seems flawless so far, and I don't have anything higher than 24/96 so that's not an issue.

foo_upnp

Reply #1594
Just installed the plugin and downloaded BubbleuPnP on my Android handset. Was a breeze to setup - despite the so what intimidating settings screens on foobar, the plugin worked out of the box without any further tweaks to the settings. Changing the order of items on the Media Library Tree via the xml file was also straight forward enough. Overall, very happy with the plugin and will learn more about how the customize and get the most out of it.

Thanks.

foo_upnp

Reply #1595
Request support APL (Monkey's Audio Image Link File) files by foo_upnp.

First of all thanks so much for this plugin, I use it every day, and very happy with it. But I use it to stream MP3  through internet to my laptop from home PC. But now I want to stream lossless to my tablet. I get failed because I tune library to get only APL file links. APL is analog of cue-sheet of Monkey’s Audio. Witch have link to file, and APE tags. So this solution allows me to seed ~1.3TB of music to different trackers without modification of original files and get proper tags in my media library. It’s very good solution because, after utorrrent finish download, my script automatic create track_file_name.apl for any file type (MP3 or FLAC) and I get in my library, tagged in few seconds with tagger (dicogs of MB) and still seed. Typically my APL file look like:

[Monkey's Audio Image Link File]
Image File=06 - Slice Of The Cake.flac
Start Block=0

----- APE TAG (DO NOT TOUCH!!!) -----
APETAGEXР  Ќ                         Track 6       Album Slice of the Cake        Artist Sugar Minott       Year 1984       Genre Reggae Dancehall       Replaygain_reference_loudness 89.0 dB       Title Slice of the Cake       Type Male       replaygain_album_gain -1.75 dB       replaygain_album_peak 0.999969       replaygain_track_gain -1.67 dB       replaygain_track_peak 0.934082APETAGEXР  Ќ         Ђ

Problem, is that foo_uPnP send to device this APL files, witch cannot played even in foobar2000, because file miss in the path. So may be possible to add option to turn on “resolve” of APL links, so foo_upnp send <REFERENCED_FILE> intead of APL.

P.S. Also problem I have and when I stream mp3 through internet, because on lossy content I get upconverts.

foo_upnp

Reply #1596
Quick question regarding PS3 streaming -

When I load up my playlist on my PS3, everything plays fine. Once I make changes to the foobar playlist on my computer, the changes aren't updated on the playstation until I re-start the server. Is this an error on my end or a limitation with the plugin?

foo_upnp

Reply #1598
Hi, I'm trying to connect foo_upnp client and server through a router. I'm using internal port 56923 and a different external port, 61120. I'm able to connect to the server and browse through my playlists and library, but when I try to play a track, it hangs, and I get a "Could not connect to host" error where the port number in the url matches the internal port, I would think this should match the external port.

I would like to use a the standard port internally so that it's compatible with other devices, but a different port externally for security reasons. Is this not possible or am I doing something wrong?

foo_upnp

Reply #1599
WDTV Live Plus & song title display

Hi, I recently started using this plugin using F2K 1.1.5 and a WDTV Live Plus.  This plugin is great and much better than the way the firmware handles music.

I have a couple concerns regarding the way songs are displayed using the Media Server function on the WDTV.  Only the song title is displayed!  No artist, album, etc.
I went to Tools / UPnP / Server / Content and changed the "Format track titles using:" box to the following
%artist% (%date%) %album% - %title%

And now the WDTV displays only the artist!  No track title, no date, no album, etc.
This makes it frustrating to browse through the music for obvious reasons.

How do I make the WDTV Live Plus display the full track title when browsing through on Media Server mode?

Also the Streaming function is good in theory, but I stopped using it because the music drops in and out after a couple songs and then drops out entirely