Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DarkOne (Read 212814 times) previous topic - next topic

DarkOne

Reply #600
I thought for sure that would solve the problem but even after reloading the fcl it still won't show up in the background.

I've done some experimenting though, maybe this info will help...

The test files I had(the album that was unzipped and in a folder) stopped displaying the Background image when I changed the script. (So for the artist, KAREN, I had a corresponding image named "KAREN.jpg" in the artist folder and this did not show up in the background or artist pictures)

However after changing the script to the one you posted, it would continue to accept images labeled "artist.jpg" that were placed in the music folder(so it worked fine using your default settings, but not the old ones, which I thought would do something like overwrite them).

If there are any other screen shots you want me to provide, I will happily provide them for reference.

DarkOne

Reply #601
Please tell me how are your pictures named and where are they stored exactly.
In the musics folder? In the artist folder? Or in a special folder containing only artist pictures?

My code snippet has to be fit to your needs, of course. It was only a sample. You have to change it to the actual path!

So, if you have an image in the musics folder, you should call it artist.jpg and it should work out-of-the-box.
If it is stored in the parent folder of the albums (the artist folder) change path in the global variable in the main splitter settings to $directory_path($directory_path(%path%))\artist.*
If it is stored in a separate artist pictures folder, change path to <your path>\%artist%.*

DarkOne

Reply #602
Oh, of course, I've already done this.

My artist pictures are stored in C:\Artist so my script looks like this:

$set_ps_global(do.artist.pic,C:\Artist\%artist%.*)

One more thing I've noticed is that even if my script is already in place, when I first load a song from an album and go to "Splitter settings"->"global variables"-> and then look at the path for do.artist.pic, it seems to still look for the artist.jpg file in the source folder. However, when I play another song from the same album right after the do.artist.pic path is set to C:\Artist\Karen.*(for the artist Karen, anyways). Perhaps it initially is still not looking for the other path?

Also, in "Splitter Settings"->"Behavior" I should have pseudo transparency checked(on) and background image checked(on)???

DarkOne

Reply #603
No!
In Splitter Settings pseudo-transparency and background image has to be disabled!
Only in the ELPlaylist settings pseudo transparency has to be enabled!

For deleting unnecessary or double entries in global variables, please right-click on the thin bar bove the playlist and choose Splitter Settings --> Global variables tab --> Delete all.

Then the global variables will be created again automatically and you shouldn't have double/wrong entries from your previous trials.

DarkOne

Reply #604
@valgaav
Right-click in the playlist --> Settings --> Behaviour --> disable "Enable incremental search"

I officialy love this theme! Thanks for quick response, you're great  And sorry for spamming both, forums and deviantart, but I haven't thought of writing here.
And I have not noticed any problems with using Q as hotkey, thanks for the info nontheless.

DarkOne

Reply #605
Ta da! I can have a great sleep now.

Apparently, this whole time I've been messing with the Splitter Settings option that is located on the thin line above the far right column(with the playlists, not above the ELP one). I noticed you said to right click the bar above the playlist and tried the center one and there I pasted the path. It works perfect now with the script, thanks so much, looks great!

I guess I got "play list" mixed up with the "play lists column". : P

Thanks a lot for the help tedgo, I appreciate it very much.

DarkOne

Reply #606
A little off topic but, all this talk about artist images has me wondering.

I dont have any artist images and thousands of album folders.

Is there a resource for mass downloading artist images, not unlike the Album Art Downloaders?

thanks,
pc

DarkOne

Reply #607
Google images?
I often use one of the images biography view panel provides and save it manually to my artist pictures folder.

DarkOne

Reply #608
Tedgo,

I have over 1000 album artists, that would take me forever.

I was hoping for something "mass" and/or "automatic.

Thanks!
PC

DarkOne

Reply #609
You could automate it:
Just set up biography view panel to save the images to your artist picture folder (or the folder you want your artist pictures stored, e.g. the musics folder).
On every artist change the artist pictures will be saved to this folder automatically.
You'll have up to 5 different artist pictures from each artist in this folder though...
But you could use them in the big cover view then

DarkOne

Reply #610
Tedgo,

SWEET!  Thanks for the help.  I have been messing around with Foo_discogs since my last post.  I can successfully create the artist jpg in the source folder, or in a single "artist folder" somewhere.  But in either case I cannot specify how the file is named.  This prevents foobar from seeing it as a artist jpg.

Is there a way to specify to resulting file name as "artist" in the original folder by using  $directory_path(%path%)?
Or a way to name the files %artist% in a common folder?

I am guessing that with your method described above it will only download artist images for albums once they are played?

thanks again Tedgo.  Awesome config.

pc

OK trying your method above....  i limited Last.fm to show only 1 picture, so it is only downloading one.  But two problems, it is not saving the picture to the exact folder the music file is in, and it is naming it "%artist% - %album%" and sometimes only "%album%".  it seems to vary.

Would you know the script I would enter so it saves the Artist.jpg specifically to the exact folder the files reside in and call it "artist.jpg"?

thanks again my friend.
-pc

DarkOne

Reply #611
Preferences --> Tools --> Biography server --> Last.fm --> Artist tab --> Enable cache
And now enter to "Image cache path" either:
$directory_path(%path%)\%artist%
for saving files to the musics folder (the first image will be called for instance David Bowie.jpg, all following pictures will be named David Bowie_02.jpg aso)
or an absolute path like:
C:\Artist Pictures\%artist%
if you want to save all your artist pictures in a separate artist pictures folder.

And yes, biography view panel will only save images once a file is played. And will update them each time you play a file again.

DarkOne

Reply #612
Tedgo,

Thanks, that is working wonderfully.

Of the two ways to do it that you mention above, I think I prefer to have the artist file stored in the music folder itself.  But I would end up with hundreds of duplicates, so perhaps the single artist.jpg folder would be preferable.

I will read through the thread above as I know you have given others advice on how to make it display the artist jpg from a centralized folder, rather than the music folder as it does out of the box.

thanks again for the amazing support Tedgo!

Three cheers......

DarkOne

Reply #613
One more question Tedgo - where does the main album list read the album name from? Is it Last.fm by any chance?

The reason I ask is that some of my album names appear different to how they're tagged - for example, an album called 'Angels of Light' is coming up as 'Angels of Light Disc 1/1'. It's a minor thing but kind of annoying - any idea why it's doing that?

DarkOne

Reply #614
No, you mean the main playlist in the middle of the config?
"Disc 1/1" only appears when you have a discnumber tag in your files
Its often (unnecessarily) present in files bought from iTunes.

If you don't want this, delete the discnumber tags in albums that have only one disc.

DarkOne

Reply #615
Got it. Thanks a lot dude

I hope I haven't given the impression I don't like this theme - it really is awesome! There are so many amateurs making skins for various media players, but this is by far the best I've seen. Keep up the good work

DarkOne

Reply #616
I updated the components package with the latest versions of ELPlaylist, PSS and Biography view panel.
Have fit the ELPlaylist code to the new %el_user_profile_path% for auto-rating mode.
Now displaying auto-rating should work out-of-the-box even on standard installations

DarkOne

Reply #617
When you make updates like that you should bump the version number to avoid confusion. You probably should have called this DarkOne v1.61 or something.

DarkOne

Reply #618
How can you sort the albums in ELPlaylist view into descending order by year from tags? So that the folder path would make no difference to playlist order of albums. I couldn't get it to work from ELPlaylist settings (enabled it also from Behaviour tab) as it was described in the user guide.

Why isn't the version number changed if there is a new version? I made the changes to v1.6 as tedgo mentioned in post #519, but are there some new changes after that? And can you patch it without reinstalling the whole thing? The version numbers lose their meaning if they aren't even used...

DarkOne

Reply #619
@tedgo
Just registered to give my sincere thanks for DarkOne.
I found it a few days ago while browsing deviantArt. Have used the
default UI a couple of years, never really settled with columns UI.
Until now.

Seeing what you had done to make it so easy to install, sfx-archive
and all, and on top of that writing such a good pdf user-guide... Wow!

Then I come to this forum and find that you give some of the best support
I have ever seen.

And you even spoil us by finding and supplying component updates.
I am quite overwhelmed. It's really nice to get some help and guidance
in the confusing labyrinthic world of foobar2000 

You sir, are a perfectionist in all the good meanings of the word.

As for the DarkOne: It's beautiful, it's working perfect and I love it.

Questions will come later, but this is all for now.

Thanks again and have a nice weekend.

DarkOne

Reply #620
Very nice skin. Respect and thanks to the creator.

DarkOne

Reply #621
@Innuendo_ and Yrde
I didn't changed the version number, since there are no functional changes in the configuration.

The release from Oct. 24th was only a bugfix version, the latest build only updates the components and changed a little script part for all new users.
If you already got DarkOne 1.6 working on your machine, there's no need to update DarkOne to the latest build.

You don't need to update the whole package if you are already using DarkOne 1.6, you may only need to update the components from foo2k.chottu.net.
They will work with your "old" DarkOne v1.6 as well.
That for i only changed the build number (now build 20091106) not the version number

If you only want the updated script parts, just unpack the self-extracting archive anywhere in your documents and settings and "import" the ELPlaylist.elp to ELPlaylist and the MiniPlaylist.elp to MiniPlaylist (after updating the components of course!).
But again, if you already use DarkOne and have made it working now, there's no need to update DarkOne with the latest build. It still works with the new components.

Updating the version number will only happen when there are functional changes or important bugfixes in DarkOne, that would cause DarkOne not to work with newer components or enhance its functionality .

@Yrde
If you want to sort by %date% at first you need something like: %date% - %album artist% - %album% - %discnumber% - %tracknumber% - %title%
Should give you the same sort order like album list panel sorted by "year".

DarkOne

Reply #622
I hope You don't mind if I ask a couple questions. I searched, but couldn't find the answers.

1)Is there a way to automatically cycle artist images (behind playlist)? I put all the pictures of the artist in one folder but, playlist is showing me only one. I want to change automatically after each song.

2)How to put cover on playlist (smaller one)? If the name of the cover is "front", and it's in the album folder I can see cover on the left side (big picture), but not on the playlist (where is "no cover" image).

3)Is there a way to put bitrate instead of stars in main playlist? But with transparent colour, like stars without rating.

4)Thanks for the skin. YOU ROCK MAN!! 

DarkOne

Reply #623
Hi Guys,
I got a Problem with v1.6 (1.52 was running without problems)

The Playlist with the Covers will not be displayed. Only the text-only version is working.

Did a clean install of foobar and 1.6, but no luck.

DarkOne

Reply #624
@kusur
1) For instance like that:
You had to put more images from the same artist in the same folder.
Then change the scriptpart like described in the user guide, chapter 1.3 to:
$set_ps_global(do.artist.pic,<path to your folder>\%artist%_%tracknumber%.*)
Then name your pictures like David Bowie_01.jpg (for the image should be displayed for track no. 1), David Bowie_02.jpg (for the image should be displayed for track no. 2) aso.
You could also limit it to a defined amount of images (with %artist%_$num($min(%tracknumber%,5),2).*) or take a look at the title formatting reference, what is possible with $select() function

2)
Solution a)
Right-click in the playlist --> Settings --> field definition tab --> double-click on ART.OPTION --> change Definition to: artreader_front nodelay

Solution b)
Change ART.PATH to: $directory_path(%path%)\front.* and ART.OPTION to: wc nodelay
(but this will disable displaying embedded album art!)

3)
No, not possible (transparent font style is not supported).
You'd need to put pictures for different bitrates (0-9) to achive this.
But you could at least add a bitrate column. See user guide, chapter 2.8.3.2 for this purpose

4)
Thanks man

@bodybag
Please reload the fcl-file.
Sometimes (in very rare cases) PSS refuses to load some images/buttons or whole panels.
Have no other idea at the moment, Haven't heard about this issue before...

Btw. if you switch to the Big Cover view (the last of the three buttons above the playlist), is there a mini playlist on the left?