Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Feature Request: CUETools] More Input Formats (Read 1924 times) previous topic - next topic

[Feature Request: CUETools] More Input Formats

This is a request for additional CUETools input formats besides redbook (16-bit, 44.1 KHz).

Bit depths: 16, 24, 32, 32 float
Sample Rates: 48 KHz, 96 KHz, 192 KHz

I realize these are not redbook audio CD formats, but would be nice to able to use CUETools with other sources and cue sheets.

Even just 24-bit 96 KHz would be big help.

Thanks

Re: [Feature Request: CUETools] More Input Formats

Reply #1
I hope you don't mind my curiosity, but... why? What does CUETools do that is not tied to redbook CDs that you think would be useful in the processing of non-redbook sources that other tools don't already do or you think can't do?
And what's the point of HD audio with a CD-style cue file anyway?

Re: [Feature Request: CUETools] More Input Formats

Reply #2
Digitize some audio source at 24-bit 96 KHz (say maybe vinyl).
Create CUE sheet file.
Use CUEToos to split into tracks in various formats (flac, mp3, wma, ...)

Single tool for both redbook and other.  Don't want to have different tool and different way of doing same thing just because it is not 16-bit 44.1 KHz.

CUETools could be useful for other formats besides redbook.